Oh Lordy how I hate modern plumbing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Random Orbital Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Largely because it makes me look stupid!!

Is anyone here a whizz at modern shower on/off fitments? The "thingy" on the shower has come adrift and I cant for the life of me figure out how to reattach it. Rassam, grassam Dick dastardly!!!!!

Not quite sure which thingy bit you mean Rob :) but often the on/off and temp knobs etc are held onto the control shafts with a small grub screw, usually in from underneath where you don't usually notice it and is fiddly to get at !

Or is hidden under the "arm" used to lever it.

Some plastic caps are a snap fit so look to see if any pieces look broken or missing.

Do you have a red/blue temp indicator button, sometimes access to hex grub screw is behind.

Easy fix Bob, grab the 'thingy' by the 'wots it's name' and turn the 'you know whatty'. :lol:
Sorry I couldn't resist it, if it's any consolation I hate plumbing too!

Stew

Random Orbital Bob":2bewb2jv said:
Thanks Guys....I'll have a gander later, wondering if the grub screw is inside the thread for the arm?

A lot of showers, mainly triton have a grub screw that locks down and the handle screws on to the exposed part of the thread.
Often it gets stuck in the arm and works loose.

phil.p":197apv8u said:
For £765 it would have to cook the tea as well. :D

Yeah it does look pricey at first sight
I dont splash the cash easily, but you pull some of the cost back in installation savings.
Our bathroom is small so space savings were an issue

We have had it for 6 years and it puts a smile on my face everytime I use it.
I know that sounds sad but its true

You press an external ( to the shower cubicle) button
The light winks at you until its up to temperature and only then you get in the shower
The temperature never alters from what you set it at
Never too hot or too cold mucking around
There is a power shower boost function but "normal" is good enough so we hardly every use that.

phil.p":3j19yhm5 said:
My brothers in law installed a shower in London for the daughter of an extremely wealthy guy, one of those showers with all the side jets and the centre jet alone had a 3,500 litre header tank of its own. :shock:
Chin on.

Figured it out.

The grub screw was hidden at the base of the unscrewable handle!! The internal mechanism had me scratching my head for a while until I twigged that one of my lads has obviously knocked it off (denting the shower basin) and then attempted to surreptitiously reassemble it without telling me! I had to dismantle the entire thing and just figure out which bit screwed onto what...it was in backwards! I also managed to get a face full when testing it (fully clothed)!!

Thanks for all the help.

Back