Offset Tongue & Groove Cutter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigger

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've got a offset tongue and groove cutter (Trend C192) and was wondering how you set these up in a router table to edge join stock. Try as I might today I was unable to get a smooth flush joint. Is there a simple technique or is it just trial and error ? :oops:

Plenty of test cuts to ensure the center of the cutter is in line with the center of the timber. Also use good featherboards/hold downs to keep the stock in contact with the table.

Jason

Jason,

Can I ask a question about this type of cutter?

I thought (but can't find anything to back it up) that the hight of the cutter did not have to be accurately set as one edge was machined with the face of the board down, while the other edge was machined with the face up. So any offset was taken out by the board flipping.

Is that right or do I need an even longer lay down in a dark room?

I know what your saying, but that would leave a wider gap than the other corresponding cutter wouldn't need to be ran twice as well to fit. If I get you right?

Thanks for the link Jason,

I think I get it now :? :lol:

Should have checked Wealdens myself as there version of the Trend cutter I bought is a bit cheaper as well :roll:

Back