oak veneered mdf

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have built the carcass using oak veneered mdf but never had the courage to use mdf for the drawers. Look up previous posts of Bradnailer who has a reputation for turning mdf into gold.

Are these drawers going to be on runners, in other words, are they going to open easily, or will there be a fair bit of strain on the component parts and the joints?

Lord Kitchener":3vl7qje1 said:
Are these drawers going to be on runners, in other words, are they going to open easily, or will there be a fair bit of strain on the component parts and the joints?

Yes runners and the draws will be solid wood sides and front with ply bottom.

woodchip11":3fxsn5s5 said:
Lord Kitchener":3fxsn5s5 said:

Yes runners and the draws will be solid wood sides and front with ply bottom.
I may be reading this wrong but they are standard drawers then? I assumed with the heading that you were intending to make them from veneered MDF. solid wood drawer boxes I would use dovetails on. For the back I would just sit it in a rebate in the sides but this is just my own method. :wink:

Back