Oak sideboard

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DomValente

Established Member
Reaction score
DSCI0009.jpg

This was before a colour and finish had been applied, somehow I prefer furniture in it's unfinished state.
The piece has been made to match existing furniture in the clients room, which they had purchased some 25 years previously and looked as if it had just left the showroom.

Dom

Paul Chapman":g6m3vez7 said:
That's very nice, Dom =D> Have you any pictures with the colour and finish applied?

Cheers :wink:

Paul

That was before colour was applied. Then I applied the wrong colour :cry: and have now stripped it and applied the new colour, varnish goes on tomorrow.

Dom

DomValente":1z1p0zdl said:
woodbloke":1z1p0zdl said:
Dom - nice piece, but did the clients ask for the routed fronts to look like panels? - Rob

The doors exactly match their existing furniture Rob

Dom - that's a relief then :roll: :wink: - Rob

Dom - nice work! Really smart.

How did you achive the doors, did you do it with a standard router or some other method?

Very nice mate , shame about the finish but we all make mistakes when tired . I suggest a snooze in the afternoon :lol:
Seriously , a lovely unit .

Nice work, bet its a dark stain if its to match furniture from 25 years ago. How fashions change.

ByronBlack":1v461xig said:
Dom - nice work! Really smart.

How did you achive the doors, did you do it with a standard router or some other method?

Trend Ogee bit 19/30 1/2

Yes Bob sort of Jacobean

Okay Jason I'll admit it, I have a 15 minute nap every afternoon, in the eighties they called it a power nap I just call it "I'm knackered need a kip"
Does work though.

Dom

Really nice piece. I imagine its always much harder to match a piece to another one. If you get it a bit wrong the mistake is twice as obvious.

That really is a nice piece Dom. It has classic lines but with a hint of simplicity, beautiful, just my cup of tea. :wink:

It met the customers brief so its a successful piece and if someone wanted to pay me to make it like that I would but personally I really don't like fake routed panelled doors and drawers in solid wood.

I know it's a quick and easy (and therefore cheap) way to achieve a look but it looks so much cruder than a proper frame and panel construction.

Just my 2 penneth.

Takes all sorts I guess but the finished closeup looks even worse.

Still you got paid, thats the main thing :D

Latest posts

Back