Oak for a bed headboard - £235.00 inc. VAT + £80.00 delivery

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have emailed my new list to EO Burtons plus three or four other local Hardwood suppliers.

I will post again with the outcome.... (probably after Christmas now).

Compliments of the Season and thanks again to all the responders.

Martin.

I have had a response from the other timber supplier I sent my original list to as follows:
"The timber in your list, planed to size, would cost £250.00 in Oak or £182.00 in Ash, delivery if required would be £34.50"
This is based on the original list of exact sizes in my first post and it is similar to the first quote, it also mentions planing to size so maybe I did not make it clear enough that I was looking for sawn timber.

However?
I have also had one response from my second request for quotes using the cutting list on page 2 of this topic (based on JasonB comments). This was grouping components together and using "standard" sizes.
The quote is as follows:
"Rough Sawn boards to cover nominal sizes as below - Job Price £ 331.15 + vat"
Which is £380.83 incl vat! Given that the second cutting list works out to be around 2.7cuft this quote is coming in at a staggering £141 (incl vat) per cuft!

There does not seem to be much of a credit squeeze in the timber market at the moment!

I have not heard from either of my local suppliers yet, will post again when I have.

Martin.

Martin, just phone the guys at EOB and they'll get a quote back to you within the same day usually, I'm sure they can do better than what you have been quoted.

Hi Martingchapman,

If you e-mail me the list I'll work you out a price on Monday morning and mail it straight back. Unfortunately given all thats going on in my head I'd struggle to give a rough price from memory.

Latest posts

Back