Oak bathroom cabinets

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasman

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can suggest a good finish for Oak bathroom cabinets I have just made - panelled bath side and front, and 4 oak doors for under the sinks. I normally finish oak with danish oil +/- wax - I am worried that this will not be good enough to withstand drips and splashes. Any better ideas? Thanks

Gasman

I am in the process of fitting out my bathroom, I have used cherry. Like you I normally use oil for the finish, in this case because on condensation /splashes etc I have gone for a clear interior varnish. It seems to have done the job.

Hope this helps

I have just installed solid oak units in three bathrooms in one house. I used Osmo products, Wood Protector first then PolyX on top as recommended in their brochure for damp environments.

The coverage figures in the brochure seem rather low, and as a result I have an over-stock on both, so if you have problems sourcing them, I may be able to help.

Hi Gasman,
Osmo is fantastic but expensive, some of the new flooring sealers are very good and can be purchased with different finishes ie. matt, satin , gloss, high gloss, they can be put on with a mohair roller and it flattens out very well,
i can recomend the junkers own brand,
and just think of the amount of stick a floor takes :shock:
HTH
Cheers Gary.

Back