• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

NYW taster - FTAGH!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

gidon

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm recording NYW off Discovery H&L faster than I can watch them onto my new HDD/DVD recorder. A disc I burnt the other day had a B&W menu screen for some odd reason - so I burnt another disc to check the DVDR wasn't at fault. Anyhow rather than bin the DVD with the B&W menu does anyone want it - some NYW deprived person perhaps :)? Episodes 9801-9805.
Cheers
Gidon

gidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Tom - is what legal? Recording off TV? Strictly speaking I don't think you're allowed to record stuff off TV to keep for any length of time - whether it's to DVD or video tape. But with the advent of DVD recorders and digital broadcasts some programs can be flagged as non-archivable. If you record these programs to the HDD/DVD recorder you can't copy them to dvd-r - (permanent storage) only to dvd-ram. NYW isn't one of them - in fact I've yet to record anything that is yet - but I know they exist. Confused? I know I am!

Alf - sorry slightly obscure one but used all the time for work on the freebies newsgroup at work! So sort of forgot how obscure it was!

Cheers

Gidon

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
i have recorded prety much every episode on my Tivo since xmas. I have then been taking them off the Tivo and archiving them to DVD. I am sure that technically thid is illeagle, but I am not selling them, just keeping them for future reference.

I'm sure the police have bigger fish to fry in the DVD/Movie fraud business.

Latest posts