NYW taster - FTAGH!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gidon

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm recording NYW off Discovery H&L faster than I can watch them onto my new HDD/DVD recorder. A disc I burnt the other day had a B&W menu screen for some odd reason - so I burnt another disc to check the DVDR wasn't at fault. Anyhow rather than bin the DVD with the B&W menu does anyone want it - some NYW deprived person perhaps :)? Episodes 9801-9805.
Cheers
Gidon

Tom - is what legal? Recording off TV? Strictly speaking I don't think you're allowed to record stuff off TV to keep for any length of time - whether it's to DVD or video tape. But with the advent of DVD recorders and digital broadcasts some programs can be flagged as non-archivable. If you record these programs to the HDD/DVD recorder you can't copy them to dvd-r - (permanent storage) only to dvd-ram. NYW isn't one of them - in fact I've yet to record anything that is yet - but I know they exist. Confused? I know I am!

Alf - sorry slightly obscure one but used all the time for work on the freebies newsgroup at work! So sort of forgot how obscure it was!

Cheers

Gidon

i have recorded prety much every episode on my Tivo since xmas. I have then been taking them off the Tivo and archiving them to DVD. I am sure that technically thid is illeagle, but I am not selling them, just keeping them for future reference.

I'm sure the police have bigger fish to fry in the DVD/Movie fraud business.

Back