• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

NVR rocker switch bargain

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damm all gone, I missed out, needed one for my scroll saw.
Give it a couple of days, perhaps til Tuesday, I'm sure they'll be back. They've been in and out of stock umpteen times already. For a couple of quid, well it'll cost more than that for one of us to post.

I bought one just out of curiosity. Thanks OP.
I would have found it cheaper to just throw them in the bin rather than sell them, although I am glad they didn't take that route.
The item is listed with fees on ebay, it came in a £1 very sturdy jiffy bag by recorded delivery £2 and with a printed invoice 5p and packing say 25p/item. So £3.30 plus fees for a £1.98 item. Madness....

The Axminster ones are still on Amazon for £6.97 plus £5 postage - buy 11 and no postage to pay, package them up and sell on for £9 is still a big saving on retail price

This is my 3D-printed emergency stop using an off-the-shelf NVR switch. It is a prototype of a sort. I wanted to make a magnetised version for my lathe so that I can move it to an easy-access position rather than reaching over spinning things on the chuck. I will use this one on my homemade belt sander in a fixed position and I'll post the finished moveable one on one of the 3D print sites. I will also need to credit the original maker whose design I've manipulated to fit my purpose.

P1100361.jpgP1100359.jpgP1100360.jpg

I have seen that type extended to the floor for knee operation, I made one for my table saw that had the switch under the edge of the table and needed looking for to operate, the floor extended paddle made it much safer and easier.

I have seen that type extended to the floor for knee operation, I made one for my table saw that had the switch under the edge of the table and needed looking for to operate, the floor extended paddle made it much safer and easier.
It was seeing the knee-height emergency stops on some machines that made me think of custom-making my own. My saw also has a button that is a little small and I reckon I might be replacing that with a larger easier-to-find emergency stop type.

The cynic in me asks why so cheap, is it to get your details onto the Axminster web site, still it's a bit of a bargain, I wish to thank John Brown on this site for messaging me and sending one of the said switch's from his stash.

Back