Nurdles

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always consider it a cricketing term, to guide or glance the ball rather than striking it.
"Nicely nurdled Sir" "He nurdles the ball to Third Man"

who knows what they are?
and how many have seen one?
To please a newish girlfriend I accompanied her to see a jazz band she liked - she was keen on the genre. I was soon reminded of why I didn't (still don't) like jazz when each player in the band took turns to do their solo during which each one nurdled away earnestly, self indulgently and boringly for way too long. The band turned a tune that wasn't up to much to begin with as dull as ditch water, and the polite and earnestly mild audience clapping after each yawn inducing nurdle just added to the seemingly endless tedium.

The girl and I didn't last long after that, and I've avoided live jazz concerts ever since. Slainte.

They are closely related to the elusive Haggis and can only be found in small numbers in remote parts of Wales ;);)

I thought nurdling was from Round the Horne but apparently it's from Michael Bentine in the Goon Show
- What is the origin of the verb "to nurdle"?

Ah well, I've written this now so it seems a shame to delete it.
...................................................................................
One mention of Rambling Syd Rumpo in another thread & suddenly it's all over the forum.

The Ballad of the Woggler's Mooly as sung by Kenneth Williams to the tune of "Oh My Darling, Clementine"

Joe, he was a young cordwangler,
Munging greebles he did go,
And he loved a bogler's daughter
By the name of Chiswick Flo.

Vain she was and like a grusset
Though her gander parts were fine,
But she sneered at his cordwangle
As it hung upon the line.

So he stole a woggler's mooly
For to make a wedding ring,
But the Bow Street Runners caught him
And the judge said "He will swing."