Number & Letter Router Templates

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark_h

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a set of letter and number templates for router use. I've seen the Trend set listed in Axminsters catalogue (nice font but no lower case) and a Dakota set in Rutlands (not so keen on the font). Has anyone had experience of either of these templates or a recommendation for an alternative?

Thanks

Mark H

Mark, can't comment on the Dakota templates but a few years ago I bought the Trend ones. I found I got quicker at setting them out after using them a few times also I didn't like the straight flat bottomed cutter that was supplied so purchased a different cutter from Wealden Tool, a core box bit.
I've spoken to the Trend rep twice at local shows about the lack of a lower case template but to be honest I'm not holding my breath.

Hope this helps

Steve

Thanks Steve. Looks like it will be the Trend set as I can not find any others out there on the internet. I did see the Rutlands set being offered in the US for $40 at Rockler; they had better pictures that confirmed their font is not for me.

How do you fix the Trend templates to the wood? Double sided tape? I couldn't see there would be sufficient room for clamps.

Mark H

If you can wait till tomorrow morning I'll find the instructions out, it's been a long time since I've used them but I think it was with clamps.

Steve

Mark
Check out your local B&Q as mine have an offer on drill accessories that says buy 5 and get a 50% discount this included Trend bits,
I bought the number and letter template plus a collet care kit and 2 cutters
and when going through the checkout saved 50% on all five items.

Cheers Nigel

Back