Numatic NV750 Workshop Vacuum Extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Escudo

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
IIRC Nick gave it a good review in BWW. There was one in the managers special section of the Sittingbourne branch a few weeks ago. I didn't see the price tho

Thanks Wizz, I will have a look for that review and the tip.

Sorry I missed the Yandles show. Work commitments made it hard for me to get away on Thur/Fri. I usually make a two day trip to justify the 5hr+ drive each way.

I like that show, to my mind the setting is what makes it, also the timber sheds.

Hope to make the trip in September or next year. Sounds like it was very busy which I hope did not spoil the show.

Cheers, T

wizer":2dis43i8 said:
IIRC Nick gave it a good review in BWW. There was one in the managers special section of the Sittingbourne branch a few weeks ago. I didn't see the price tho

Tom, what is so special to warrant the £550-£600 price tag?

I have been after the Holy Grail of dust extraction for years and still haven't found a setup that I am happy with :roll:

Any info will be gratefully received.

Cheers

Mike

I looked at these a while back and decided the twin motor Camvac was a better option. At the time, Yandles was the best price on them.

Ed

Escudo":t9halz0l said:
... also the timber sheds.

Cheers, T
If it's any consolation Tony, there wasn't any decent elm there this year (at least not on the second day) - Rob

Hello fellas,

Sorry to hear there wasn't any nice Elm at Yandles Rob, one wonders if the other punters nabbed it all on Friday.

I am sorry I missed the show, but couldn't escape from work on Thur/Fri.
It is just too far to drive in a day, 5hr+ each way. Still, hope I can make it to the September show. I have a holiday lined up in May at my sisters caravan in Swanage and hope to have a day trip to Martock.

In any event I have been busy working on the new workshop, which is going to be just the job. I have got some pictures to post when I find a spare moment Alan.

It will take a few months to set-up I have been making a storage bench to begin transferring small machines. I would like to get a dust extractor to fit underneath for;

Disc sander
Bobbin sander
small lathe

I already have a Camvac machine Ed which I plan to use for my P/T. The Camvac is good, but very noisy. They are made 15 miles down the road in Fakenham, so I feel a bit bad about not getting another. The attraction of the Numatic is the reviews and apparent quietness at 70db. The twin motor model runs at 79db which is almost twice a noisy as the other.

I am a bit confused over the hose dimensions 51mm. I thought most extraction was 63 or 100 (2.5" or 4")? :? No doubt there will be away to step this up.

Lots to do and think about. Watching the golf at the moment as well.

Cheers, Tony.

Mike.C":1q369o01 said:
wizer":1q369o01 said:

:duno: the price tag on the nv750 is £219 mike

im think you are thinking of the nvd1500 which is £599 , and that is because it has dual 1200w motors and a double filtration unit

Les Thorn was using a CamVac at Yandles and despite it being right next to him was very quiet. All he'd done was plugged in a couple of 2ft long hoses to the mufflers

Paul Chapman":8m6pt1vc said:
Escudo":8m6pt1vc said:
The Camvac is good, but very noisy.

Hi Tony,

I think Rob (Woodbloke) did a modification which drastically cut down the noise.

Cheers :wink:

Paul
Tony - that's all you need to do...stuff a couple of long hoses into the output ports on top of the machine and direct them to somewhere (say behind anther machine or unit of some sort) and it'll cut down the noise by about 50%...have a run out to Fakenham for the day and speak with the lads - Rob

I have one of these (and a chip extractor on wheels) and frankly none are great this one is very powerful but fills up very quickly (5 minutes on a p/t) the other takes more waste but I find the pipe gets clogged.

In summary well built, powerful, works great for dust and hand tools but not good for p/t or spindles.

I use both generally on my saw the chip extractor at the base of the machine and this on the blade guard above. Still not perfect but OK.

But if you have a radial arm saw give up now and except the mess......

hi mike

I have dx5000 twin motor works fine , bought that from yandles about 18 months ago , think it was rob (woodbloke) who pointed me in that right direction, every tried it .hc

big soft moose":35bi4qm4 said:
Mike.C":35bi4qm4 said:
wizer":35bi4qm4 said:

:duno: the price tag on the nv750 is £219 mike

im think you are thinking of the nvd1500 which is £599 , and that is because it has dual 1200w motors and a double filtration unit

Many thanks mate :oops:

Head Clansman wrote:

hi mike

I have dx5000 twin motor works fine , bought that from yandles about 18 months ago , think it was rob (woodbloke) who pointed me in that right direction, every tried it .hc

Hi Martin, no I have never tried the DX5000. What do you use it for, one machine at a time or a piped system?

I have a 100mm metal spiral ducted system which runs down the full length of the workshop (26ft x13ft), with "Y" branches going off every so often running to my machines (the longest being about 10ft). I have blast gates on each machine and further gates at each "Y" section.
At the beginning of the run I have an Elektra Beckum SPA 1100 and a Scheppach HA 2600 (with a fine filter on the Scheppach), and as well as these two I have a twin motored Camvac GV386 connected directly to the table saws crown guard, or any other machine I am using. So all in all even though I have 3 extractors running at the same time the system is total rubbish.

I have no idea what figures I should be looking at, but as far as I can see the Scheppach has a volume rate of 1000m3 per hour 1/sec. The Elecktra Beckum is 842m3 per hour, and the Camvac who give their's in litres is 108L sec.

So I am after a extractor that will run the system on it's own. The only trouble is, does a beast exsist??

Cheers

Mike

hi mike

Its fully piped , with a blast chamber, which is fully gated , which in turn also feeds 100mm pipe work to each machine with a blast gate to each machine with the shortest possible run to each machine, shop size 24'*14' but also from the blast chamber it also has a 50mm run( so i can switch from one to the other size) mainly to the two hoover points of extraction with a 7m hose length fromeach to reach any part of the shop , and to some of the lighter machinery where only dust come from .hc

ps i should say i split the shop down down the length so machinery is mostly one side and working space is the other side to keep pipe length/runs to the minimum

head clansman":61c7fm84 said:
hi mike

Its fully piped , with a blast chamber, which is fully gated , which in turn also feeds 100mm pipe work to each machine with a blast gate to each machine with the shortest possible run to each machine, shop size 24'*14' but also from the blast chamber it also has a 50mm run( so i can switch from one to the other size) mainly to the two hoover points of extraction with a 7m hose length fromeach to reach any part of the shop , and to some of the lighter machinery where only dust come from .hc

ps i should say i split the shop down down the length so machinery is mostly one side and working space is the other side to keep pipe length/runs to the minimum

Martin don't let anyone hear because I will feel a right silly person :-$ but what is a blast chamber :oops:

Spilting the system could work. I will have to give it some thought.

Cheers

Mike

I am going to call into Camvac and see what the fellas there recommend. I am thinking the GV336 model may just suit my needs.

I am a bit fed up with my small ducting system and numerous blast gates here and there. I seem to spend time either unblocking the pipes, fiddling with the blast gates, etc. Items at the end of the run always seem to suffer.

I am thinking with my new set-up I will have a dedicated machine for my P/T. Probably my existing wallmounted Camvac mounted outside in a small cupboard.

The new machine can sit under a bench and service my sanding machines and other small bench top machines. I am going see how I can set this up to avoid having any ducting.

I have a festool vac which I use on my mitre saw and for power tools.

The last item which will need some thought is my bandsaw. I seem to remember Olly came up with a homemade dust collection system which I may review for some ideas.

I also have a fine dust microclene machine which I will fit to the ceiling.

For the rest if I see any wood crumbs lying around I will sweep them up with my dustpan and brush. The most effective option of last resort. :)

Tony

Mike.C":3gxvddoc said:
Martin don't let anyone hear because I will feel a right silly person :-$ but what is a blast chamber :oops:

it is {i think} a box or chamber from which you run mutiple pipes - each one shut off with a blast gate

so rather than having one long pipe from the DE with T joints and blast gates at each machine - you have a short pipe run to the blast chamber then radial pipes from there to the various machines.

the benefit being that as only one machine is in use at a time, at any given time you have the minimum ammount of piping open and thus preserve your suck as far as possible

Back