Now see what you've caused

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack in Nepean

Established Member
Reaction score
First post - a bit about me. Retired and living in Ottawa, just down the street from Lee Valley's manufacturing facility and retail store. I use a combination of power and hand tools. Hand tools to perfect joints and final finishing. I have been a visitor on this site for some time and have learned a tremedous amount about hand tools as a result. Thank you all.

A visit with Konrad Sauer and a chance to try his own planes started me on the slippery slope (and I still can't afford one of his planes). I am afraid to count the planes now. I took the LV seminar on building Krenov style planes last weekend and here is the result (I hope posting a link to another forum is ok):

http://forum.canadianwoodworking.com/sh ... 9b&t=26884

Welcome...used to live in Nepean in the mid 1980's, also uswed to visit the Lee Valley store. sadly, didn't have the bucks to spend that I would have liked! Rick.

Welcome Jack, lovely looking plane you made.
And to win the shavings contest with it must
make you feel very good. Well done. :) 8)

Hi, Jack

Welcome

Nice plane, and congratulations on your win.

Pete

Welcome jack to the forum,
I looked up Nepean on the web, boy do you have weather there. :shock:
Says average 21" rain per year, up to 80" snow in the winter 23f temperatures summer June to Sept :cry:
I thought we had it bad :roll:

John. B

Congrats Jack

Would be a nice idea if we had a competition like that on the forum.
Could post the shavings to an adjudicator - will have to decide on timber ,minimum shaving length etc

Hello there. I used to live in Canada and miss Lee Valley *sniff*

I'd buy more from them but their international shipping is absolutely horrendous.

Nice plane by the way, thanks for sharing

Back