Free shipping - Veritas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bugbear - thanks but I really was after a reply from anybody who had been to Canada about the prices on display in the shops.
It's annoying in the USA that as you hand over the correct monies they add the 11% or whatever State Tax - prices on display are before tax!

I have been working out some prices from Veritas adding on 13% taxes and the current exchange rate.
Big savings in the planes eg £42 on the Scraper, £107 on a pair of skew rabbits but only £4 on the new D/T saw?

Rod

wizer":2nduh45r said:
Can't you claim that tax back Rod??

Do try to keep up Tom :roll: :lol:

What Rod means is can he mentally take off 11% of the price he sees on the shop ticket, before getting to the shop checkout.

Harbo":3eh19j5l said:
Bugbear - thanks but I really was after a reply from anybody who had been to Canada about the prices on display in the shops.
It's annoying in the USA that as you hand over the correct monies they add the 11% or whatever State Tax - prices on display are before tax!

Same in Canada.

BugBear (who had a very scenic holiday there recently, and went to the LV shop in Vancouver)

Wizer said
Can't you claim that tax back Rod??

Not since 2007 Tom

Lurker - What I was asking was are the prices on display in the shops in Canada inclusive of taxes (like generally here in the UK) - that is not the case in the USA?

Rod

Harbo":152kabfz said:
Vann wrote
To that $229 Canadian, you'll need to add Canada's GST & PST, which seems to be approx 11%-11.5%
Is this added to the advertised price (as in the USA) or do they display the full price?
In the case of my BIL picking up bits and pieces from the Vancouver store, GST & PST was added to the advertised prices.
In New Zealand stores must advertise prices inclusive of GST - it sure makes it much easier to work out what your purchase is going to cost you.

Cheers, Vann.

Back