Not Norm, but anyone seen Ben Huggins

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
martyn2":1zf38wrp said:
:D simth and sweetman expensive but good :!:

Martyn
:-s I have seen much better finishs from the amateurs on here and that is not to put down any one on here ( they where surposed to been one old teacher and ex pupil ) :-k

Dreamboats by Anton Fitzpatrick was good - not strictly woodworking but enjoyable

Kane

How about "THE SALVAGER" what a joke. I've never watched a full program as I end up swearing at the TV and my blood pressure goes up.

End of rant, must go an lie down with a damp hankie on my head :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Alan.

gwaithcoed":343jbvm1 said:
How about "THE SALVAGER" what a joke. I've never watched a full program as I end up swearing at the TV and my blood pressure goes up.

End of rant, must go an lie down with a damp hankie on my head :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Alan.
I felt the same way about Alan Herd restoring :?

I thought "The Cutting Edge Woodworker" did some good stuff from a new techniques point of view. Sure he acted like a bit of a diddy at times but nearly all the projects had something new in them. Not everybodies cup of tea perhaps?

Charley":1uvbstu6 said:
What about Richard Blizzard and Mark thingy on WoodWizard, don't forget them :wink:

I preferred the Richard Blizzard/Will Hanrahan combination. It was actually Richard Blizzard who first inspired me to have a bash at woodwork back in the 80's. I've always felt that Blizzard hides his light under a bushel because he doesn't want to daunt novices. Although his television work is generally pretty basic, he always makes me want to go into the workshop feeling confident that I'll be up to whatever challenge is there. He's not flashy, but he is inspirational.

Gill

gwaithcoed":77mek0i6 said:
Actually I quite liked that one, even though the end result was usually a badly made piece of ****. It did however illustrate that not all old junk is useless old junk, which in our disposable world has got to be a lesson worth learning. It's just a pity that they didn't invest more time and effort incorporating their recycled materials into better crafted projects.

Somebody should probably also have pointed out that a bandana worn across the face does not constitute effective dust protection. :roll:

----------------
Simon

Unlucky Alf":1j7qq42s said:
Somebody should probably also have pointed out that a bandana worn across the face does not constitute effective dust protection. :roll:

----------------
Simon
It isnt :shock: :)

(playing Devil's Avocado here :wink: )

I think any suggestion that The Salvager was a serious tutorial in woodworking could be dismissed out of hand, but then it takes but a moment of viewing to realise that that is not the intent. It's dodgy, it's bodged, and the end result is expensive and weighs more than a battleship, but the programme is rather fun.
Could many of our illustrious forum members put together vastly superior woodworking programmes? Without a shadow of a doubt, but does that mean that the programme itself should not have been made? No. Some people enjoyed it.
Just do what you do at the pictures, put brain in neutral and enjoy the show - if it makes you think, great - if it doesn't but it was fun, what have you really lost?

V.

I must admit,I watched and enjoyed both The Salvager and the wittily titled Le Salvager.

Doesn't mean I'm going to build a chaise longue out of a Reanult car,though.. :lol:

Andrew

Latest posts

Back