North of England Woodworking Show, Great Yorkshire Showgroun

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always fancy a brew!!! Tea with milk and one sugar very welcome cos I never seem to be able to get away from the stand!!!!

See you there.

Nick

Hmmm, didn't realise this was on. Might see if I can get a pass out, but we're in the middle of the pre-Christmas decorate so might not manage it. One for the diary next year though

I'll be there Saturday...what's on everyone's list (must have, or might have)?

woodchip11":kd5amws4 said:
Im going on the Saturday first time for me hoping to get a table saw.

Wouldn't have thought it's the place for that TBH. Much better getting a used piece of Cast Iron (small or large).

My 2p worth

Dibs.

p.s. will be there on Saturday.

Dibs-h":2232rijv said:
woodchip11":2232rijv said:
Im going on the Saturday first time for me hoping to get a table saw.

Wouldn't have thought it's the place for that TBH. Much better getting a used piece of Cast Iron (small or large).

My 2p worth

Dibs.

p.s. will be there on Saturday.

I have been chasing a lump of cast iron for twelve months im beginning to think I will never find one . :(

Hi

I have a stand at the show this year and I won't be wood turning! A bit of dovetailing and tool fettling perhaps.
Stop for a chat if you're passing stand 23.

Chris

tomorrows shopping list...

Sorby ProEdge Plus
Scroll Saw (possibly Record Power )
Burnisher
Abralon pads for turning
buffing wheel for the lathe
Apron/smock

Managed to get to the show today and spent a thoroughly enjoyable 4 hours. It's many years since I've been and was surprised to find it much bigger than I expected so plenty to see and lots of tempting goodies.
We arrived around 11am and there was a sizeable queue of slow moving traffic in through the showground to park so would expect it to be very busy at the weekend as a lot of people there today. Difficult to find seats in the cafe so wish I'd taken sarnies - a thought for those visiting Sat / Sun maybe.

Managed a chat with Nick Gibbs - what a nice personable guy he is! ...... Especially for a bloke who breaks wine glasses and then drills holes in his dining table to stick the stem into :wink: (being drunk probably explains that though).

Bob

Just back from the show - met up with Nick Gibbs & 2nd Bob's comments.

Bought a set of Narex chisels which were being sold at a very good price and managed to get a really nice Narex chisel roll thrown in for a bit extra.

Biggest bonus of the day was walking past the Festool stand with my 10yr old lad & his mate & the Festool rep threw them out a Festool leather football each - the boys were well made up. :lol: Had to resist the urge to stick them up on Ebay! :mrgreen: The footballs that is! :wink:

Dibs

Dibs-h":za7tc5d3 said:
Just back from the show - met up with Nick Gibbs & 2nd Bob's comments.

Bought a set of Narex chisels which were being sold at a very good price and managed to get a really nice Narex chisel roll thrown in for a bit extra.

Biggest bonus of the day was walking past the Festool stand with my 10yr old lad & his mate & the Festool rep threw them out a Festool leather football each - the boys were well made up. :lol: Had to resist the urge to stick them up on Ebay! :mrgreen: The footballs that is! :wink:

Dibs

I looked at the footballs, (black & white - my teams colours) but they wouldn't give me one. Wanted me to buy some gear for some reason :?
Best I did was an ice scraper. Ah well, maybe I'll win the raffle :lol:

Bob

I went today was very busy and seeing as it was my first one I was quite impressed,although seemed a bit top heavy with turners ;-0

Is anyone planning on going to the 2013 show in Harrogate ? I didn't make it last year so do intend to go on the Saturday this year.

i wondered about it, but do so every year. May have a ride over.

Back