Norms small Circular Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know if its too late but B+Q have a budget baby circular saw for sale at the moment. £15!!!!!!!!!!
Looks about the size of Norm's baby one.
HTH
Philly :D

the new ryobi 1+ system has got a little 150mm blade circular saw, cordless so great for all those funny little jobs,i am getting one soon, or you can get a bosch (green) one from homebase for £59.99 150mm blade but with a cable, still looks good if you dont mind the cable.

Hi,

I had been reading your forum and find it very informative. I do my work from an apartment balcony and noise is my number 1 problem. I tried searching the internet regarding the quietest power tools to use all the time. I do notice that the cordless drills are so much quieter than the corded drills. What I need your help for is whether a cordless circular saw will be also quieter than a corded circular saw. I am currently using a Bosch gsk65 and it screams!! I am now eyeing a metabo cordless circular saw. I apologise if this is a 'no-brain' question.

Thank in advance

Hi Kee
Welcome to the forum!
You'll find that cordless tools are quieter (when running "load free") but when you are cutting they still make some noise! It is the actual "teeth cutting through wood" that makes the noise.
Worth getting a demo in your local tool store to see how much quieter they are, though.
Hope this helps
Philly :D

kee":vxebqnqp said:
Hi,
I am currently using a Bosch gsk65 and it screams!! I am now eyeing a metabo cordless circular saw. I apologise if this is a 'no-brain' question.

Thank in advance

Hi Kee

I bought a second hand Panasonic metal cutting cordless saw and use it with a Trend wood blade and except for the sound of the actual cutting of the wood it is very quiet - highly recommended not least because of Panasonics unbeatable battery performance IMO.

Pic here
http://www.tooled-up.com/Artwork/ProdZoom/PANEY3530NQMKW.jpg

A bit pricy new here in the UK got mine of eBay for a oner, you see them pretty often.

Thanks for all your replies and welcomes, especially to cutting42 for sharing your experience with the Panasonic. I am outside the UK and the stores here do not stock cordless circular saws. I had not bought any tools from the web before but it seems like if I want to get a cordless circular saw I have to get it from one of the UK or US website. My country uses the 240V, so I thought of getting from UK website such as screwfix but the prices seems the same with the US website except they are in pounds!! I am also not sure any of these will want to ship the tools to where I am.

Hi Gareth,

Another question. Are you using the exact saw in the image, that is 15.6v? Is there enough power to cut to full depth of cut as specified by the saw (i think is 56 mm)? Thanks in advance.

regards,
kee

kee":24i7sfsx said:
Hi Gareth,

Another question. Are you using the exact saw in the image, that is 15.6v? Is there enough power to cut to full depth of cut as specified by the saw (i think is 56 mm)? Thanks in advance.

regards,
kee

Hi Kee

I do have the 15.6V version. I have not used it for anything thicker than 20mm MDF where it cuts like butter. Possibly more a function of the Trend Craft thin kerf blade but the motor power is incredible. Bear in mind it is specced to cut metal conduit, ali/steel sheet, a bit of wood is easy peasy.

1 min pause

Just popped in the wksp and crosscut then ripped a 46mm spruce plank, the blade did not appreciably slow except when my direction wandered and the battery has not been charged for a few weeks. I love this saw!!!

\:D/

Hi,

I think it is really clever to select a metal saw to saw wood!! Thanks for trying out the saw for my benefit. Now I am wondering why they design different saws for different markets. Do you think there is any difference in the handling of spark and saw dust?

Back