Non slip coating

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dexter

Established Member
Reaction score
I`ve just had a request from a friend to build a ramp from her back door onto her patio. Her German Shepherd`s back legs are giving out and he`s struggling to get over the threshold of the UPVC frame and down onto the patio. The ramp will need a non slip surface and that's where i`m struggling. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I might be able to get hold of a suitable product?

Dex

Dexter,

Have a search on google for ' anti slip tape ' very similar to Bob's idea but self adhesive, on the roll and various widths. I think there may also be some on ebay.

Hope this helps

Steve :)

Paint with sand in it?

You can get non slip additives for paint.

I had a bit of exterior ply as a ramp to our PVC door for our elderly border collie some years back. She didn't have any problems with it just being plain plywood.

We have a ramp over our local pedestrian level crossing which was lethal in the wet,
BR `s answer was roofing felt stuck to the ramp which has been great for the last couple of years,

Cheers Nigel.

That reminds me of a ramp we had at work to get into an ISO container.

The ramp was covered in chicken wire and stapled on about a 150mm pitch.

Bob

Back