Noise Cancelling Headphones

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike.C

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a really decent pair of over the ear noise cancelling headphones? I had a set of Bose but they got stolen. :evil:

Cheers

Mike

Hi

The best I've used, and the ones I still use are Bose QC 15s - pricey but in this case I think you get what you pay for.

Regards Mick

Hi Mike,,got ours from maplins,,I think they were about £20 per pair,,,used them on long haul flights sometimes not connected but switched on,,really reduces airplane noises,,just seems like being in a monkeys den when you take them off,,,,,,the wife uses hers when I start ranting if I watch the news!!!
,,,joe,,,

I love the Bose QuietComfort® 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones for planes. They cancel background noise great and I can have them on for a 8 hour flight no trouble.

They do "on ear" and "over ear". I've tried the on ear ones and they're not as comfortable and don't block as much noise out as the over ear ones.

Random Orbital Bob":bxr8btj3 said:
I love the Bose QuietComfort® 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling headphones for planes. They cancel background noise great and I can have them on for a 8 hour flight no trouble.

They do "on ear" and "over ear". I've tried the on ear ones and they're not as comfortable and don't block as much noise out as the over ear ones.

Thanks guys.

Bob I did have the Bose QC 3 which were great but they were on ear and after trying a friends over ear Beats by Dr Dre I found them much more comfortable and they seemed to block out much more noise.

Cheers

Mike

About 3 years ago i bought the bose qc15 as i was flying every week

My kids bought the trendy beats by dre

Now 2 years on my kids have sold the beats an all have no bose
Beats by dre are not active noise cancelling head phones

The bose ones are good

I have now

I have Sennheiser noise cancelling portable headphones (they fold up into a little soft pouch measuring about 7 inches x 4 inches x 2 inches thick - including the headset itself, the AAA batteries and amplifier, both in a little "stick" - because I also fly a lot. They're about 5 years old or more, work perfectly, but sorry, I can't remember how much they cost - not too dear I seem to remember.

Hope that helps.

AES

Mike.C":3dh13fv9 said:
Can anyone recommend a really decent pair of over the ear noise cancelling headphones? I had a set of Bose but they got stolen. :evil:

Cheers

Mike
I replaced my old Boise's with The AudioTechnica ANC 7b they are better in that you still have sound even with a dead battery and the noise reduction is as good. The Boise's were retired as the plastic covers that rest agains your head break down after a couple of years and are expensive to replace. Also the ATH ANC7b is half the price of the Boise

They also have the ATH-ANC9 which may be even better if you want phones that have adjustable settings.

My wife has the ATH-ANC7 I have the ATH-ANC7b and if they ever breakdown I'll buy the ATH-ANC9 as a replacement.

nev":1iaetllu said:
Mike,
if you are not sorted already may be something here could deserve further investigation...
http://www.whathifi.com/news/best-noise ... 8_headline

Thanks Nev, no I have not replaced them yet I have been using a friends pair of Beats, which I thought were better then my old ones at first, but after using them for a while I have changed my mind and miss the Bose. I think I will have to pop into Aberdeen and try a few other pairs out :roll:

Cheers

Mike

Back