Newbie to Woodturning.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnny5

Established Member
Reaction score
Just like to say hello from a newbie.
Bought an Axminster AWSL in March and Started turning pens and wine bottle stoppers.
Over 150 pens later !!!!!!!!!!!!
I have now been bitten by the bug and have upgraded to a Record CL3 and cant wait to get turning bigger and better things.
Hope to get tips and advice galore from you all.
regards
John

Hi Johnny,

Are you the chap I sold some tools to earlier this month?

Welcome anyway :)

Hi mate, I'm pretty new to it as well & I'm bitten by the bug too!. Welcome to the site, some very knowledgeable folk on here & all willing to help!. I'm just up the road from you & I have the same Axi that you started in!. Anyway, sorry for waffling, welcome again!.

Welcome john enjoy Its A decent forum And a Great bunch of Guys All With Loads Of tips and all are helpful glad there is another Taff Aboard
Regards
Bill

Thanks for the welcome
Adam , yes I am the Chap that bought some Sorby chisels from you.
Made some impressive Deer Antler pens with them.
thanks
John

Hi

Especially the antler pens. I have just acquired four red deer antlers 2 feet long, five points, and before I cut then up for dog chews I'd like to see what pen or whatever blanks I can make out of them.

Phil

They are very nice pens , unfortunately I am not very good at posting pictures, I need to resize them !!!!!!!!!!!! or something
I will speak to someone who knows electrickery and then post some pictures.

Thanks everyone for the welcome, great site and have learnt so much from all of you.
My missus has now officially become a turners widow. :lol:

Back