New, well new to me

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maltrout512

Established Member
Reaction score
Traveled into deepest darkest Surrey last night on a mission. Well the mission was a great success.
Unloaded this from the van this afternoon. (I had my weatabix this morning)
Wire up a speed control box 3 ph as I only have single ph, and it works fine.

024-1.jpg

030-2.jpg

029-2.jpg

033-3.jpg

025-2.jpg

I think it's a real gem.

Ah Wadkin, about the best thing to come out of Leicester!! :wink: :lol: (Present company excepted :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink: )

Never used a Wadkin Lathe myself but that one looks a beaut!! And a 1963 pedigree, good stuff!!

Well done!!

Richard

Very nice, I have a large lump of Wadkin cast iron in the shape of a table saw, your lathe looks to be very heavy and should give years of service, well done.

Richard Findley":1f27t7h1 said:
Ah Wadkin, about the best thing to come out of Leicester!!
Richard

You do your City a great injustice!

Wot about Walkers crisps, G. Linneker (Sp?) and St. Martin of Johnson who led England to the demolition of the great 'Strilian myth? :mrgreen:

Best of luck with it Malcom.it looks to be a pretty robust piece of metal.
I dont think you will have much trouble with it dancing around the floor :lol: :lol: . REgards Boysie

You're not telling me you moved that on your own :oops: :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock: :shock:

(nice piece of kit though, now for the wiring job) :? :? :?

(BTW did I see that on the bay last week?)

John. B

Thanks for all your replies. As with moving it I was on my own. Your only lifting on end at a time :lol: Ordered a chuck to bolt on to face plate.

Looks great. What are the spindle thread sizes. I am rebuilding a BL150 and have no faceplates for it(not a necessity, but I would like one) and it is 1 1/2 x 6 BSW . Just wondering if yours is as well. thanks

Back