New Video: Globe style Christmas ornament

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobham

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi:
I have uploaded a couple of segments on turning a globe style Christmas ornament from maple and black walnut. The playlist is available at: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL35D745BD1220BE5A

The pendant and hanger piece are pretty much identical (other than wood species) to the ones I turned for my faux inside out ornament series a year or two back, so if you have already seen that one you can skip the pendant segment.

Take care
Bob

A worthwhile watch Bob. Thank you for once again taking the time to do it and show us :mrgreen:

I have just made a couple of babies rattles with a similar idea to the globe on your pendant and used a 3/8" spindle gouge to hollow it through a 5/8"ish hole with no problems, but the tool you have there looks the business! For checking the wall thickness I have a pair of spectacle calipers. These are they. I got them from Axminster years back and can't find them anywhere on the web now? The only ones I have found the, the curved legs are the same way round as the straight ones?

IMG_5093.jpg

Back