Members can turn off viewing Ads!

New Video: Globe style Christmas ornament

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

bobham

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi:
I have uploaded a couple of segments on turning a globe style Christmas ornament from maple and black walnut. The playlist is available at: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL35D745BD1220BE5A

The pendant and hanger piece are pretty much identical (other than wood species) to the ones I turned for my faux inside out ornament series a year or two back, so if you have already seen that one you can skip the pendant segment.

Take care
Bob

Jonzjob

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Ex nr Carcassonne, S France. Now NW Wilts, UK
A worthwhile watch Bob. Thank you for once again taking the time to do it and show us :mrgreen:

I have just made a couple of babies rattles with a similar idea to the globe on your pendant and used a 3/8" spindle gouge to hollow it through a 5/8"ish hole with no problems, but the tool you have there looks the business! For checking the wall thickness I have a pair of spectacle calipers. These are they. I got them from Axminster years back and can't find them anywhere on the web now? The only ones I have found the, the curved legs are the same way round as the straight ones?