New Video: Bowl Turning Practice Session

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobham

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi:
I have uploaded a new video series to Youtube. This one is a recording of a practice session where I am attempting to turn a small bowl from Eastern White Pine and achieve a good enough finished surface directly from the tools to not require sandpaper. There is a lot of experimenting with different tools and angles of approach to get the best surface finish possible directly from the tool. The playlist for the series is available at: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 60369D7CA2

Take care
Bob

watched all 3 parts, i always struggle getting a smooth surface on pine and you make it look easy
thanks for these vids

Well i wasn't planning on doing any work today ! - thanks Bob !!!

Thanks for posting the videos... can you do one next month on say...... candle sticks!! :lol:

The videos really helped me today in my tiny workshop. It's only the second bowl I've turned and it was much easier and less scary!
My bowl included lots of dig-ins and torn fibres and I was very scared whilst turning it. Granted I didn't have a clue how to use the tools....I'ld read the books but seeing how to hold the tools, which part to use and when, was so helpful. Many many thanks :D

Latest posts

Back