New use for Plywood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonluv

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
This is second post --- first one did not Show???

As I mentioned before I no longer do very much in "true Intarsia" owing to Hardwood prices and two environmentally aware Granddaughters . I usually use WRC and stains but I thought I would try segmentation using some Plywood given me by a local company

Not finished yet got to pack lighthouse with a 6 mm shim to get 3D effect and make a frame--- but quite happy so far in fact the little cat is better than it usually is using 25 mm WRD

What do you think??? Not after compliments but do you think there would be a market? Using hardwoods I got £40 thinking of halving price

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 1,019
I like how you've done it, it really is great work.

I know I would be very interested if the lighthouse was for sale, the effort of doing it and with a frame I think £40 is fair.

How would it compare if you painted it and not stained it.

Thanks for that
I put a shim under the lighthouse but it did'nt look right as you could see the laminations so decided to just frame it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 996
Many thanks ---- Col what a great idea combine ply and wood it would work well , will try it

John

Brilliant idea and know you will expand on this as you think more about it .

Looking forward to what you will come up with .

Started today on Kathy Wise Eagle just to see if a very big piece can be done--- not using Birch Ply but a very cheap one that's full of voids---got about half done but the dark stain is not taking well but I'll see how it goes probably end up binning it or perhaps trying paint.

Will try to have it finished by Friday as at a family do at weekend

Hi Brian,
It's a stain I made from Walnut husks last year it is good on Cedar but I think I will try a bought one---the other thought I had was to use a dark varnish I'll go into town on Monday to see what's going

John

Back