New tv programme

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In many of the episodes Jay is visible in the background doing various tasks - all furniture related. And on more than one occasion helps others when required what help may be requried. Similarly one may see others in the repair team in the background but not actually involved in the programme being broadcast.

As for the RP becoming mawkish... I'm inclined to disagree; some of the history behind some of the items brought in is quite interesting, be it sad or happy. And the end result often makes a deal of difference to the owner(s) all worthwhile?

What is not clear is just when the given projects occur; do they all arrive on the same day and are pursued to completion in that order, and then broadcast. Not that that really matters. I suspect that each "arrival" at the Repair Shop is recorded as an item on its own. Probably several on the same day; but not dealt with in given programme in the same sequence as arrived initially. The associated footage for each is edited to present a time compressed segment within a complete programme. Often in cut aways one can see repairs on a previous item being carried out prior to completion and return to the owner(s); i.e. the actual event relating to a given repair occurred some time previous, and those shots are used to fill in where necessary. The opening "teasers" as they're often called include shots of past events... Time-wise some of the repairs take a while; especially if requiring external services such as sandblasting or silver plating; so logically each item may arrive not in the way, in the order shown in the final programme as tx'd (broadcast).

As a former editor I tend to spot things along those lines; and know it's likely the way the RP and other simlar programmes are produced.

Back