New TS200 Mk2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bodgers":1n3kagwl said:
Rhossydd":1n3kagwl said:
Get over it and move on.
Again, easy to say when you are not on the receiving end of it.
<yawn> we've all been at the receiving end of this*. It always happens when you buy something just before the sales. Do you really expect anything different ?
You've got less to moan about than many having been at least been partially compensated by Axi. Many others would just said 'tough luck mate'

*This year for me it was a dishwasher bought just before Christmas, knocked down 20% two weeks later.

Rhossydd":2sq6gzpy said:
Bodgers":2sq6gzpy said:
Rhossydd":2sq6gzpy said:
Get over it and move on.
Again, easy to say when you are not on the receiving end of it.
<yawn> we've all been at the receiving end of this*. It always happens when you buy something just before the sales. Do you really expect anything different ?
You've got less to moan about than many having been at least been partially compensated by Axi. Many others would just said 'tough luck mate'

*This year for me it was a dishwasher bought just before Christmas, knocked down 20% two weeks later.

You are probably right.

I was daft to think a company like this would be any different to a box-shifter flogging dishwashers.

I've spent some time setting up the TS-200 today. Mostly positive (few bits of dodgy quality control, but nothing that can't be corrected).

After a bit of fiddling with the riving knife (trying to work out if it'll take a 205mm blade from the TS-200-2) I raised the blade to the max height, and realised it was 60mm. Looking at the blade, it's been shipped with a 32 tooth blade as advertised... but it's 205mm. Guess that answers the question! I assume it's got a standard knife from the original model, and the knife to blade distance is fine. I guess an extra 5mm isn't going to make much difference to the curve.

The fence system is, as expected, pretty poor, but I'll probably go for the bandsaw rip fence upgrade at some point.

The Axminster site is currently a bit misleading, as the photos for the TS-200-2 are definitely not all of that model (some shots have a different layout of countersunk holes in the table). However, it does look as though the table to the left side of the blade now has an insert plate; which I assume will result in a smaller slot in the table.

Given that the TS-200 will take a 205mm blade, you can make a zero clearance insert to reduce the gap in the table, and the current cost means you can get a fence upgrade for less than the cost of the TS-200-2 model; so far I'm pretty happy.

Bodgers":3ld0k1yu said:
You are probably right.

I was daft to think a company like this would be any different to a box-shifter flogging dishwashers.

Problem is: where do you draw the line? A guy that bought a day before a price drop... OK, give him the discount as a goodwill gesture if he complains. A week? Maybe. A month? Two months? If two months, then what about the vocal guy that bought two months + one day ago?

No company is going to telegraph that they're about to drop the price of a product; otherwise they'd kill sales as people would wait. As such it's inevitable some people are going to lose out, but there's really not much that can be done to fix it. Still sucks if it's you though.

sploo":29or9cty said:
Problem is: where do you draw the line? A guy that bought a day before a price drop... OK, give him the discount as a goodwill gesture if he complains. A week? Maybe. A month? Two months? If two months, then what about the vocal guy that bought two months + one day ago?
For internet orders you have 14 days to return goods under the consumer contracts regulation (used to be the distance selling regulations), so that can be used as an incentive to get a partial refund as most firms won't want the trouble of taking something back into stock.
No company is going to telegraph that they're about to drop the price of a product;
Actually Axminster do exactly that. My 2015 catalogue dropped through my door a day after Christmas with all the new prices in, so a couple of days to get an online order in if I'd wanted anything at the old price. Also this seems to come up every year here, so any regulars should be aware of how their prices change.

Rhossydd":84ko0y79 said:
Actually Axminster do exactly that. My 2015 catalogue dropped through my door a day after Christmas with all the new prices in, so a couple of days to get an online order in if I'd wanted anything at the old price. Also this seems to come up every year here, so any regulars should be aware of how their prices change.

That's the reverse of what I was talking about though; more a warning that prices are going to go up (so buy now), as opposed to letting you know prices on a product are going to drop.

I probably would have ordered the rip fence upgrade if it'd been available online (for ~£70), but figured I might be able to make it to my local store before the price went up to £85 (from the new catalogue), but it's gone up already sadly.

Back