New Trade rated bandsaw at Axminster AWHBS450N

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Con Owen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

FWIW
I was on the e-Bay Axminster site on Thursday and came across a bandsaw that looked similar in size to their 4300 model but trade rated as opposed to industrial. The price at 637GB with free delivery appeared to be attractive so I phoned their technical section to ask a couple of questions as the spec only gave one size of blade, did not mention whether it had a quick blade tension release or its weight. The guy did not know the answer because it was new to him and said he would phone back. This he did. It is even bigger than the 4300 in size and weight, max blade size 3/4'' and the weight a massive 300kgs, I queried this and he was adamant that it is the correct weight saying it falls between the 5300 and 6300 machines.

Cheers
Con

I saw that one as well, looks quite interesting but I query the weight...300kgs for a bandsaw :? - Rob

Gross wt. including lead pallet? Huge 100Kg table?Mixup with one of the other new industrial machines, surely. I've got one of the original 5300 (all white) which weighs under 200kg.

My 5300 (new grey and white one) weighs 160KG and I think its a bigger saw than the one mentioned, so I doubt it weighs 300KG. If it does weigh 300KG watch out as it will be a nightmare to move.

Cheers, Ed

Hi Everyone,

I really don't think 300kgs is correct! I personally think the machine will weigh somewhere in the region of 150kgs... We are going to weigh the Bandsaw again so will confirm this ASAP.

Sorry for any confusion.

Richard.

The spec actually says bade width min/max 10mm 3/8" so I suspect they have forgotten to put the max width in the spec and that is the min width. Might be worth contacting there tech dept. or maybe they'll be back in a min.
I'm interested too perhaps they'll do us a deal for a pair!

Hi

Just to recap. The max blade width I was told is 3/4''. Also that there is no quick blade tensioning lever. However as the weight I was given is incorrect so might this info.

Cheers
Con

I'd be quite interested in this saw as well later on, seems a good piece of kit for the price with a decent depth of cut to boot - Rob

Has anyone bought this saw? Any good?

The spec now on the site seems to look quite different, the max blade width is 30mm rather than 19mm?

Back