new to turning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Robinson

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am hoping that someone in the leicester area can help me out here... My 14 year old son has developed a love for wood turning and dont blame him in the fact that it is an art form in its self, I am very involved in the woodworking world but have no experience in woodturning whatsoever.

I cant teach him I know nothing about and would actually like to learn myself.....

I AM WILLING TO PAY MONEY!!!!!!! but not the sort of prices the so called experts are asking for....as there are more experienced people who just do it for the love of it and probably do it better.....

Help me to help him

thanks

Pete

Hi Pete,

As most people on this site will recommend, joining a club is the best way forward for inexpensive advise and demonstrations. I'm a member of Tudor Rose woodturners in Daventry (aprox 25 miles away) or you could try Coombe Abbey Woodturners (aprox 20 miles away)

Hope this helps

Richard

Hi Pete, I'm pleased to recommend John Berkeley...
http://www.rpturners.co.uk/John-Berkeley/
(if you contact John, please give him my regards)

as your son is under 16 it may be necessary for a responsible adult to be present... be warned, you may be exposing yourself to the 'slope' :wink:

(pity you don't live in the Peterborough area, I'd jump at the chance to teach a keen youngster with real interest)

Back