New to forum

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Ben I'm 26 from Suffolk. Iv been reading on this forum for a while so thought I'd finally join as I'm moving out and have a single garage that will be my workshop. Luckily for me Iv already got most tools as I'm a carpenter by trade (9 years) but I would like to broaden my capabilities not only for myself but for business purposes. Anyway when we get the keys there's a lot that needs to be done to the house so it's a bit of a project im would like to post the progress on here from start to finish.
The main projects will be making furniture, build in wardrobes, a major garden overhaul, all new flooring doors and possibly skirting and arcs. But the main reason for me joining here is I would like to build my own kitchen Iv fitted many before and have read a few books on cabinet construction. There are a lot of techniques Iv never used and I'm not set up for yet like drawer and door construction and the finishing of the doors/panels etc

Trevor what ever contribution you make will be welcome, providing inspiration for those of us who need it, and a lively opportunity for chat for those whose advise might be of more use.

Welcome to the forum

I have found the forum very useful and always good banter.
I am a joiner and currently work from my garage, slightly bigger than a standard single, but not much and with good organisation, it works well. I make bespoke kitchens amongst other things as do many others on here so there will be plenty of help i am sure.

Cheers

Nick

Welcome Trevor :D I've only been here a couple of months, I wish I'd found this forum when I got a computer at first, lots of new stuff I have learned (hammer) even though I was a carpenter and joiner for 50 odd years. 8)

Hi Trevor / Ben , You will find all you need here for both help and inspiration , I am too like yourself and was primarily a site Carpenter but with time have ended up more in the workshop . I work from a 6 x 4m workshop and as Logger says , it can work as long as you remember " a place for everything and everything in its place " . Lighting is the key to working well . Good luck and keep us posted .

Cheers Sam

Welcome Ben, it's a very friendly Forum generally although things can get a bit edgy if you mention sharpening :lol:

Ask away because there's usually somebody with relevant experience to help you out.

Regards Keith

Welcome from another joiner who is now working out of a 5m x 3m workshop making stuff and earning a living (just).

Welcome, we're in suffolk so if you need any help with making kitchens, pop in to see us and we'll help you out the best we can. Much easier to understand when you see them being made in a workshop.

Hello Trevor and welcome. I'm new aswell and it is a really friendly forum that is down to earth and definitely not snobbish or elitist (which some are).
Also a good place for a laugh, which is good..................dom

Ps. The only stupid question is one that isn't asked

Back