New Teknatool products

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duncanh

Established Member
Reaction score
Teknatool announced some new prodcuts at the AAW...

Details in their 2011 pdf catalogue

Highlights include:
DVR2024 lathe - 2HP, 20" swing over bed,100rpm - 5000rpm
CometII midi lathe which will take attachments to fit grinder, sanding disk and more on outboard,
Titan2 chuck (similar to Titan which was sold as Supernova Deluxe in UK - my favourite chuck)
Wireless remote which can be worn as a watch or held by magnet. Comes as standard to 2024, can be used with more recent DVRs and retro fitted to older ones

The only price I've seen is about $100 for the remote (so guess at £100)
On sale from Autumn I think

Duncan

Blister":2s8sbeu6 said:
Teknatool = Nova DVR XP = the only lathe I have ever put in a skip = never again

You tend to go through lathes at quite a rate don't you :)

What was wrong with it?

If I had to replace my lathe I probably wouldn't go for another Teknatool. You get quite a bit for the money but I have a few issues with it

What was wrong with it?

It was supposed to be a lathe

But the one I have was a fault code producer

One fault after another , When I contacted Record Power they did not have a clue how to help and repeatedly sent emails to Canada 3 day later I get a email saying " Tecknatool said try this " I tried and nothing so got back to Record who said we will email Canada :roll:

This went on for about a month when I said its not 5 years old and would like it repaired / replace under you 5 year guarantee , I was then informed very quickly " THE 5 YEAR GUARANTEE DOES NOT COVER ELECTRONICS " :roll: But were more than happy to sell me a new headstock for near on £1k , yer right

I then got in contact with Haydock converter and explained my problem , sent the headstock to them to see if they could fix it , Received a phone call saying yes it FUBARED , and also commented how bad the design was with all the electronics built directly under the motor subject to HEAT / VIBRATION / Dust etc , not good . Most other manufacturers put all the electronics in a separate box away from the lathe , I wonder why

At that point I told them to lob it in a skip and I personally took the bed and stand to my local council tip and deposited it the the scrap metal section

Blister":2i65h5gt said:
This went on for about a month when I said its not 5 years old and would like it repaired / replace under you 5 year guarantee , I was then informed very quickly " THE 5 YEAR GUARANTEE DOES NOT COVER ELECTRONICS " :roll:
It shows how much confidence they have in their product to exclude the part that is most likely to go wrong from their guarantee.

The main issue I have with the Nova is the stupid electronic control panel which is a pain to use. Why couldn't they have used proper start/stop buttons and a speed control knob instead of some daft programmable soft-touch interface? Surely they know all turners are dinosaurs and will prefer "proper" controls?
At one point I was considering the Nova for it's size and capabilities but the electronics put me right off, even before I tried it and found them as annoying as I'd imagined they would be.

At that point I told them to lob it in a skip and I personally took the bed and stand to my local council tip and deposited it the the scrap metal section
[/quote]

oh why oh why :shock:
would have been most grateful for a bed extension to mine :wink:

Latest posts

Back