Lathe Upgrade: decision

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sachakins

The most wasted of days is one without woodwork
Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks all for info and other considerations that were made.

Gone round in circles for a few days researching lathes, old a new in my budget,
even the new Nova 14 DR, which is not out till autumn.

So it came apparent that all the fixed head machines not suitable, as already have a swivel head on my RP DML36SH MK2 with camlocks, and use it often enough on small bowls to warrant it a necessity.
Never used the 36 inch length it capable of, as I prefer bowls, lidded boxes, small form pens etc.
Meaning I'm happy to buy small footprint lathe, also fit in small shed better, freeing up space.

So I'll be selling that and it's supernova 2 chuck, and my WorkZone lathe too shortly.

And am going for a new RP Coronet Herald, with leg stand, outboard tool rest adaptor, extra stop switch, SC4 chuck package, plus a few bits n pieces. The 5 year warranty also helps too.

Now just need to nail down where, when and which Supplier to use? (hammer) (hammer)

Well please consider one of the serious woodworking suppliers, if you get it from Amazon or the like, they will know nothing about woodturning if you have a question or need spares and so on. It might not be the cheapest option but is a better idea in the long run.

Following a recommendation by fellow forum member Macros I found Snaiton's to offered the best price for the SC4 package, backed by a fantastically fast delivery, given I ordered late Thursday afternoon snd received it first thing the following morning which was Good Friday, a bank holiday when I wouldn't normally expect any deliveries, certainly not when there's a panic to blame delays on!

minilathe22":2uemyf35 said:
Well please consider one of the serious woodworking suppliers, if you get it from Amazon or the like, they will know nothing about woodturning if you have a question or need spares and so on. It might not be the cheapest option but is a better idea in the long run.

I totally agree, looking at Yandles, Snaiton, DM Tools and RP direct.
Thanks

Lonsdale73":2qaf2ek1 said:
Following a recommendation by fellow forum member Macros I found Snaiton's to offered the best price for the SC4 package, backed by a fantastically fast delivery, given I ordered late Thursday afternoon snd received it first thing the following morning which was Good Friday, a bank holiday when I wouldn't normally expect any deliveries, certainly not when there's a panic to blame delays on!

I agree, but as a total buying package, so far they're a tad dearer, but if it was just the SC4RPack, they're best for price currently.
Thanks

Back