New Table saw, How do i decide????

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just seen a Scheppach TS2500 for sale and it looks a good piece of kit, sliding table, extensions etc. Might be able to get it for £500.

Any thoughts on this saw?

olivetree":256peaws said:
I have just seen a Scheppach TS2500 for sale and it looks a good piece of kit, sliding table, extensions etc. Might be able to get it for £500.

Any thoughts on this saw?

It's the single most popular model on this forum, have a look here. Cheers _Dan

That list is 4 years out of date, although having said that it is probably still at the top. I've never heard anything bad about Scheppach.

Shane":1kdjs89c said:
That list is 4 years out of date, although having said that it is probably still at the top. I've never heard anything bad about Scheppach.

Ooops. my bad. People still add to it, but the list's not been updated, like you say.

MOD's: Could you please update 'Forum user' Table saws' thread? It's a good tool for people buying a new TS. :)

Cheers _Dan.

Ok i've narrowed it down to these 2 options:

Charnwood w650 - with all the tables & supports etc and will use with the hollow ground MFC blades

Elektra Beckum PKF 255 V8 - This has scibe blade which is what i want ideally for cutting MFC but is 6 years old.

Theres about £200-300 difference in price.

What would you guys go for??

I would be more tempted to go for the EB, but only because it looks a more versatile saw and I've read more positive comments on that brand generally, I couldn't comment on each of the machines individually as I've not seen them up close

Latest posts

Back