New series of NYW on Shed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misterfish

Established Member
Reaction score
Have just found that Shed are showing Norm's kitchen building series for the first time. First two episodes on now.

Misterfish

Sent from my 7 Pro T7576 using Board Express

Yes - it is the 2008 series of Norm - the last series that he made new stuff. It is the first time that it has been shown in the UK on Shed (Sky channel 242). Recently we have had the previous (2007) series repeated many times.

Most of the 2008 series (the first 9 episodes) covers the design, building and installation of a complete kitchen and concludes with 4 'Normal' projects.

It is being shown two episodes at a time at 10pm on Tuesday evenings.

The final year of NYW (2009) which has not yet been shown here consisted of 26 older episodes repeated with the addition of a new short introduction discussing problems with the item and how well it has withstood the ravages of time.

Misterfish

Don't get me wrong about Norm - If I had 1/10th of the skill he has I'd be doing pretty well, and as for that workshop…

Youtube has been pretty good at supplying previous episodes as well as the whole of this series, my point of the 5yr gap was that Discovery used to be pretty quick at picking up new episodes and its kinda sad its not their preferred type of programme anymore. PBS America (Sky 166) shows some NYW episodes on weekday mornings on and off, one episode gets put on the official NYW website every Monday and if that isn't enough of Norm I have several DVDs of older episodes I recorded years ago when they showed at least one different episode every day.

I agree entirely about the lag that the shed channel has. How many blinking times have they repeated that earlier series now! It's kind of taking the mickey in a really big way, quantity instead of quality. Thank goodness for YouTube where regular people can take control

Random Orbital Bob":hzduibxr said:
I agree entirely about the lag that the shed channel has. How many blinking times have they repeated that earlier series now!l

They showed the entire series on Christmas Day, 2011. I know, because I recorded them all! :shock:

If I ever see that 8-sided poker table again . . . :cry:

Missed it last night, anyone know when it's repeated?

(Obviously it will be repeated to death eventually)

Mark

The Bear":17gqdtqx said:
Missed it last night, anyone know when it's repeated?

(Obviously it will be repeated to death eventually)

Mark

Possibly on Sunday 28th, 10-11pm

Cheers Alan
Don't know if that's this new series as when I press "i" it's not clear. The rest of the new series is actually titled "new; new Yankee workshop"

Mark

The Bear":14go5axr said:
Cheers Alan
Don't know if that's this new series as when I press "i" it's not clear. The rest of the new series is actually titled "new; new Yankee workshop"

Mark

Mark,

I wasn't sure on my original post but having looked on Discovery's own website it will be a repeat of the two episodes shown on Tuesday.

Alan

Back