New Senco Fusion nailers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy1970

Established Member
Reaction score
These new Senco nailguns look good. http://www.fusionpowertool.com/

I know the Dewalt ones are good but these look even better and slimmer wonder when we will get them here in the UK ?

Only one thing puts me off is that we tried the big Senco gas framing nailer out a few years back as a spare to our Paslodes and it was absolute rubbish miss firing all the time we ended up swapping it for another Paslode.

Oh yeah Giggedy Giggedy.
Got shot of my Dewalt cordless and missed it ever since, even though t'was only 16 Gauge. Been looking for something like this for a while. Wonder who's gonna stock it and what price it'll be....

Adam.

I really wouldn't buy a senco before a dewalt. I too had there framing nailer a few years ago- what a crock of ****. The dewalt nailer on the other hand is virtually flawless in my opinion.

Mattty":3rsopphl said:
The dewalt nailer on the other hand is virtually flawless in my opinion.
I'd go along with that - best nailer out there imho.
Also, Senco are misleading in their advertisment. The Dewalt guns are bump and sequential, not sequential only as stated - don't know about shots per second on the Dewalt against Senco's 3 per second, all I know is I can bump the gun as fast as I can and it fires every time.

cheers
Andy

I like the look of them it looks much smaller than the Dewalt.

I got an email back from Senco today saying they are releasing them here this year but not sure when yet and they will let me know.

Regarding quality yes the Framing nailer is complete s**t but have you seen their compressors they are very good quality and surprisingly quiet running so they do get some thing's right, not sure if they make all their own tools or whether they are subbed out.

Theres a few videos on You tube heres just one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88BdzOMJTz0

Hi All,

Thought I'd give you all an update on the Fusion tools & give some response to the comments above.

Firstly, yes, the first Senco gas framing nailer (the Framepro-501) was a bad tool, no question. It was actually a 'joint' project between Senco & one of our competitors called BeA, although Senco had no design input. BeA took it to market as the Dynamik, which is still available, & to be fair they have improved it. We realised quite quickly that the first models weren't good & stopped selling it after about 100 tools had gone out. We've been going for about 70 years, so it's not surprising we make the occassional mistake, but apologies to those who bought one.

However! The tool that replaced it, the Senco GT90-CH is really good & I'd urge you to check that out before getting a new gas tool. There's also three 2nd-fix tools in the gas range.

On Fusion, it's about to launch in the US, & we should hopefully start to see tools in the UK in the autumn. Don't know anything about cost yet. On Andy's point about the Dewalt tool I'll contact the US about the error regarding bump fire. Perhaps it would be useful to get one for Andy to test nearer the launch date & give his feedback?

Cheers

SencoDealerMan

SencoDealerMan":3llijwrq said:
Hi All,

Perhaps it would be useful to get one for Andy to test nearer the launch date & give his feedback?

Cheers

SencoDealerMan

No need to bother Andy Im sure he is too busy just send me one Id love to test it out properly on site :wink: :wink: :D :lol:

Seriously though its good to see Poppers Senco actually look on forums and take notice Im glad you spotted my post and yes those framing nailers were rubbish . I do like your compressors though very good quality I looked at the tiny one you sell looked very well made if the New Fusion nailers are as good then Im sure they will be great.

Chris

well the senco fusion nail gun is out in the uk at a stagging price of £ 539.00 & that,sa one of the lower prices didn't notice if that was + vat.
no wounder other trades think paid well when they see us with tools at these prices .not saying it not a good tool , but cant they keep the prices real ?????? :?

maljo":kyblectl said:
well the senco fusion nail gun is out in the uk at a stagging price of £ 539.00 & that,sa one of the lower prices didn't notice if that was + vat.
no wounder other trades think paid well when they see us with tools at these prices .not saying it not a good tool , but cant they keep the prices real ?????? :?

I pm'ed the senco guy on here he thought the price was right I personally think they are dreaming it might be good but not THAT good. Im sure the price will drop when no one buys them :lol:

Thats pretty oddball, bring a new nail gun on the market, with its very good and well thought of rival nearly £150 cheaper, you know it makes sense. I have the Dewalt and think it pretty much flawless, the Senco is a bit lighter, but I think I'll soldier on with the Dewalt.

mtr1":3ecgi27r said:
Thats pretty oddball, bring a new nail gun on the market, with its very good and well thought of rival nearly £150 cheaper, you know it makes sense. I have the Dewalt and think it pretty much flawless, the Senco is a bit lighter, but I think I'll soldier on with the Dewalt.

thats pretty much what I said to the Senco guy. I dont own a Dewalt nailer but a subby I do work for has 2 so Ive used them for years now and cannot fault them. Senco seem to think because theirs has this and that new widget on them its worth the extra but I cant see it myself.

I have to admit I do like the look of the Senco Fusion nailer and if it is smaller and lighter all the better. I have the De Walt myself but find it is a bit limited only firing 16g nails. Also do you remember what price the De Walt was when it first came out? about the same as the Senco but it did drop after a while. Will wait and see what the write ups are like first. Come on Andy get one and give us the gen. :D

Had one in for about a month now - it's going in to the next issue of GW...
Can't say much more than that at the moment i'm afraid :cry:
Apart from the fact my test model will be gven away as a prize in the magazine complete with a few thousand nails :D

Yes, it's not cheap! But to be fair its benefits stand out a mile over gas, but less so over the standard battery tools on the market.

When the 16 gauge versions come out (June next year) you'll see that the difference in running costs between Fusion & the gas tools is huge...servicing & cleaning saved, & the fastener cost savings are huge, because you have no gas.

Over the Dewalt (or our own battery tools for that matter) there's less of a financial argument, as you don't have the drawbacks of gas.

But as I said before, each to their own. At the moment we can't bring in enough tools to satisfy demand (I know, you'd expect me to say that but its true!), & this isn't even the ideal nail gauge for the UK. Its the 16 gauge that will go mental.

That's assuming Andy doesn't hate it :) ! Fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back