Air Nailers Or Electric nail guns?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im looking at the Silverline one as well, but one thing that confuses me a bit is the brads and Staples, they do a gun that does both, are these worth the couple of quid extra or is it best to stick with just the Brad type, would staples be good for say over boarding floors??
It seems that the compressor is a runner, and it came with a rather stiff reinforced nylon airline about 10mtrs long, and I would guess 6mm I/D, not sure what line fittings Parkside use?

Im looking at the Silverline one as well, but one thing that confuses me a bit is the brads and Staples, they do a gun that does both, are these worth the couple of quid extra or is it best to stick with just the Brad type, would staples be good for say over boarding floors??
It seems that the compressor is a runner, and it came with a rather stiff reinforced nylon airline about 10mtrs long, and I would guess 6mm I/D, not sure what line fittings Parkside use?

The problem with the dual purpose ones is that the firing pin is bigger because of the staples so it leaves a bigger dent in the wood than if you use one that only fires nails.

If you are on Makita platform it's worth taking a look at the Ryobi Airstrike 18g nailer and a Badaptor so it takes your Makita batteries, it's what I use and know a few others on here do. I have been pleasantly surprised at how well it's performed so far.
You can't beat cordless, you will find yourself using it loads more than if you need to get the compressor out every time.

A bit more info on it here

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/18g-18v-nailer.131664/#post-1496120
I was considering buying the 16g Ryobi which can handle 15g/16g. Anyone here used one?

I was considering buying the 16g Ryobi which can handle 15g/16g. Anyone here used one?
Yes had the 16ga it was good. Sold it as I didn’t need it. Still have the 18ga which is great and I’ve had a for a while. No complaints. Ryobi nail guns have a good rep.

Yes had the 16ga it was good. Sold it as I didn’t need it. Still have the 18ga which is great and I’ve had a for a while. No complaints. Ryobi nail guns have a good rep.
I've just ordered the 18g, and I will put it through its paces this week. I'll get the 16g if I am happy with the results.

I have a complete set of air guns but it's such a faf if I haven't already started the compressor up, especially if I just want a few brads to hold a jig together while I wait for the glue to dry for example.

I've just ordered the 18g, and I will put it through its paces this week. I'll get the 16g if I am happy with the results.

I have a complete set of air guns but it's such a faf if I haven't already started the compressor up, especially if I just want a few brads to hold a jig together while I wait for the glue to dry for example.

Never used it but I get the impression that people aren't as happy with the 16g as they are with the 18g Ryobi, think maybe @petermillard had both and mentioned this?

I have a 16g Paslode and the batteries have just both died, 2 official replacement batteries cost almost as much as the bare Ryobi 16g so I'm not sure what to do, the Paslode is great when it's working (and I do like the smell of the gas!) but the whole gas thing is a bit of a faff. I have actually just ordered a dodgy Chinese copy battery for it for £16 which will hopefully let me finish this job and not burn the place down 🤞

Never used it but I get the impression that people aren't as happy with the 16g as they are with the 18g Ryobi, think maybe @petermillard had both and mentioned this?

I have a 16g Paslode and the batteries have just both died, 2 official replacement batteries cost almost as much as the bare Ryobi 16g so I'm not sure what to do, the Paslode is great when it's working (and I do like the smell of the gas!) but the whole gas thing is a bit of a faff. I have actually just ordered a dodgy Chinese copy battery for it for £16 which will hopefully let me finish this job and not burn the place down 🤞
I have the cordless 16g Ryobi nailer and the narrow crown stapler, which is similar in size & weight to the 18g nailer. The 16g nailer in comparison Is a big lump, heavy and slow to use and I was always having issues with it. Switching to a 5 Ah battery made a huge difference to the usability, but it’s still a big lump to lug around, and I couldn't tell you the last time I actually used it. 🤷‍♂️

If you are on Makita platform it's worth taking a look at the Ryobi Airstrike 18g nailer and a Badaptor so it takes your Makita batteries, it's what I use and know a few others on here do. I have been pleasantly surprised at how well it's performed so far.
You can't beat cordless, you will find yourself using it loads more than if you need to get the compressor out every time.

A bit more info on it here

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/threads/18g-18v-nailer.131664/#post-1496120
This is exactly what I have done and its great!

I have the cordless 16g Ryobi nailer and the narrow crown stapler, which is similar in size & weight to the 18g nailer. The 16g nailer in comparison Is a big lump, heavy and slow to use and I was always having issues with it. Switching to a 5 Ah battery made a huge difference to the usability, but it’s still a big lump to lug around, and I couldn't tell you the last time I actually used it. 🤷‍♂️
Thanks for your opinion. The fact that you had to use a larger battery is a red flag for me. I have 5Ah and 6Ah batteries, but I prefer to use them in my saw or lawn mower! I prefer 3Ah or 4Ah for power tools that I have to lift to use as the added weight starts to tell quite quickly into a job.

Back