New Samsung Galaxy S4 / Tesco Mobile

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
My current (2 phones), iphone 4 business contract with O2 ends in 6 weeks and as we both want a change as we don't like the iphone 5 and I want to change the existing phones.
The business contracts are no longer attractive as I can't reclaim VAT so it will be 2 consumer contracts and both of us are really taken with the new Galaxy S4 phone having trawled the shops today looking at all the alternatives.

By far the cheapest available is on a contract with Tesco mobile network and the O2 shop was a joke with the staff completely diisinterested.
I'll be ringing O2 tomorrow to talk to their retention team and ask for pac codes, as unless they offer a decent deal I'll definately be moving on. In the meantime any opinions on the Tesco network or Samsung S4 / S3 would be valuable and well received

cheers

Bob

Cant comment on the phone 'cept to say i have a different Samsung and very pleased with it...

I've been with Tesco mobile for quite a few years now and cant really fault them at all. Their 'network' is piggybacked on O2's as i understand it anyway... so you shouldn't be losing out at all... go for it.

Nick

After some heavy negotiation with O2 on the phone I managed to upgrade my S1 to an S3 on their $17/month tariff, with no charge for the phone. Was previously on the £30/month tariff. Not sure how that compares to Tesco but I imagine the S3 will drop in further in price once the S4 starts shipping properly.

NikNak":2oxi8sdo said:
Cant comment on the phone 'cept to say i have a different Samsung and very pleased with it...
I've been with Tesco mobile for quite a few years now and cant really fault them at all. Their 'network' is piggybacked on O2's as i understand it anyway... so you shouldn't be losing out at all... go for it. Nick
After some heavy negotiation with O2 on the phone I managed to upgrade my S1 to an S3 on their $17/month tariff, with no charge for the phone. Was previously on the £30/month tariff. Not sure how that compares to Tesco but I imagine the S3 will drop in further in price once the S4 starts shipping properly.
Thanks Guys

I've spent an hour on the phone with O2 this morning, fully prepared to tell them I would be moving over to Tesco but they've come up with another business deal that's blown even the Tesco (cheapest on the market) out of the water and the transition is seamless so I've decided to go for it as I'm very happy with the service I've received from O2 over the years.
I've found that there is a difference between business and consumer department attitudes plus if the phones develop a fault throughout the contract life, they sort it instantly, no waiting for weeks for repairs so that's a bonus.

Now - I can see 2 iphone4 mobiles being listed on ebay in the next couple of weeks unless I decide to keep one as a spare.

Bob

cambournepete":24kcg6tx said:
Have a look on the O2 website to see how much they'll give younforman iPhone 4 - you might get almost as much that way as on eBay...

Thanks Pete..will do.

I sold my last phone to Mazuma who gave me a good price.

Got thousands of brownie points as the missus is always excited when she gets a new phone.......NOW what tools do I NEED again :wink:

Bob

Back