New Router advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that it really has helped, it does seem a lot of tool for the money and I like the idea of the through table winder.
Cheers.

I think it's an amazing bit of kit for the price. For me it was a no-brainer, and i'll probably buy another so that I can keep one permeantly in the table, and one for hand-held use.

The little one isn't a patch on its big brother for table work. The big one is fantastic. The little one is OK, but underpowered for the table. Above the table stuff is a (possibly good, but I've never felt the slightest urge to have it) gimmick.

The big one is worth the extra, twice over. I have both. If you want the small one, used once, I could do you a deal.

Cabaxi

If you're quick http://tritontools.co.uk/product_info.p ... a2096d8791
Is a pretty good bargain or for the same money you can have the smaller one in a case with all the guide bushes except the 30mm neccessary for worktop jigs £10 extra. I have no affiliation with the company I do own the big one and think it's a great piece of kit for the table and would say hands down every time it's better for the table despite the lack of above table adjustment (which can be added router raizer). If you want an all round router and are prepared to take more bites of your work, my colleague just bough the smaller one and has done some test worktop joints and it's been fine, he doesn't do it for a living though. So if Jake is doing a good deal snatch his arm off :)
I use a Freud 2000w for out of table and for myself wouldn't want less power it's a good balance weght/power.
Alan

the time is ticking, who's gonna get a great deal!! If I had a spare £150, that puppy would be on it's way to me, shame about no above table adjustment though.

Thanks everyone pretty sure i'm going to buy the bigun found someone near me whos going to let me try theres this week.
thanks again

Latest posts

Back