New one from Geoff

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevebuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Geoff writes:

Doddy...

Some of you may remember Doddy, she used to be a regular on the forum. Just over a year ago she broke a finger but the way the accident happened she should never have broken it. X-rays revealed some problems and over the following months she had many test and it turned out she had a cancerous growth in her finger. She had an operation some weeks ago and is making a good recovery. In all this time she has not been able to get on her saw as he hand has been so painful. She can’t wait to get sculling again and she should be back on it within the next few weeks. When she first got into scrolling she came to me for a week and I taught her how to use the saw, she got rid of her cheapy saw and bought a Hegner and since then has turned out some really nice stuff.

Sadly last week her Mum died and I really felt for Doddy and really felt I should send her something so I made her a plaque mounted on a stand as can be seen in the photo, It’s made from Oak and the cross on the plinth is made from Walnut. I covered the cross with resin before fixing it to the plinth and was very pleased with the way it came out, like liquid glass. It’s almost 12 inches wide. It can’t be seen very well in the photo but the other two cut outs in the plinth are hearts.

i have lightened the photo and sharpened it Geoff..

Attachments

• geof2f.jpg
    geof2f.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 864
Geoff.

A nice thoughtful gift from yourself, and as always well made, I am sure she will be moved and very pleased.

I don’t know Doddy, but please pass on best wishes, and a good recovery, hopefully back to scroll sawing soon.

Take care.

Chris R.

A really lovely piece of work , I am sure Doddy is very pleased with this wonderful remembrance

John

Geoff, what a wonderful gesture and an equally wonderful piece of work from you.
I'm sure Doddy will be very touched by your kind gift.
Nice one m8. =D>

Many thanks everyone for your kind comments. Doddy was over the moon with her present, she said you could not find the words to describe her feelings or to thank me. It's always nice to give when we can.

I also have not heard of Dolly,a very nice present Geoff and top marks to you for making it for Dolly.I really hope that we have her back in the fold asap. :roll:

Bryan

Latest posts

Back