New lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodturnerEric

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I finally got the new lathe about a month ago and have been busy getting used to it,I got the Jet 3520B

bowlattachment004.jpg

it takes a bit more floor area than the old one did,but it can do so much more as it has twice the power,reversing and is so stable,I made a rack for the wood to be stored under the lathe out of 2x4" with 2x1" bearers
applevaseandotherwork003.jpg

I was given a log,so had to mount it and have a go at it

applevaseandotherwork006.jpg

this is the result,its about 17"x8",will post a pic of the next piece when its finnished,regards,

Eric.

I can see by the Vase that the Lathe is in the right hands =D>

Congts and long may you enjoy it ,a powerful piece of kit by all accounts

yes it is,and when iI had a bit of a moment,as my thumb and finger got somehow tangled with bowl gauge tool rest and bowl was making and the motor didn`t want to stop, luckely the emergancy stop switch is remote and was by my knee,I flicked my knee out and stopped it quick,thumb and finger black and blue at the moment,but still attached.

Very sexy machine. I would like to upgrade to something like that, but that will be a long way in the future.
Very nice vase too. Is the knot hole all the way through? Makes it very eye-catching.

Latest posts

Back