New Kitchen for £10k

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MMUK":2mduug4l said:
chippy1970":2mduug4l said:
I've got accounts at most kitchen suppliers. I wouldn't use magnet they're nowhere near as good as they were years ago.

Never had an issue with Magnet, maybe it's a local issue?
Staff are great and building materials are cheap i.e. ply ,plasterboard etc.

The kitchens are nowhere near as good as they were years ago

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

FWIW, I've not long finished replacing a Sea of Cupboards (seriously, you don't need 20+ cupboards!!!) with free standing units (think country kitchen). The beauty of it was I could make one unit at a time and swap it in as and when ready. It can also all be shifted out the way to do the walls and floor when there's time. Added on top of all that was the cost was very low spread out over time.

But free standing units certainly aren't most folks cup of tea and don't suit a lot of newer houses. Luckily, we live in an extended croft so "quirky" was a desirable option (hammer)

Nelsun":23kdb9mp said:
FWIW, I've not long finished replacing a Sea of Cupboards (seriously, you don't need 20+ cupboards!!!) with free standing units (think country kitchen). The beauty of it was I could make one unit at a time and swap it in as and when ready. It can also all be shifted out the way to do the walls and floor when there's time. Added on top of all that was the cost was very low spread out over time.

But free standing units certainly aren't most folks cup of tea and don't suit a lot of newer houses. Luckily, we live in an extended croft so "quirky" was a desirable option (hammer)

Worth considering. Esp if you want pine. :D

I could build myself a kitchen from quartersawn oak with blacksmith made handles for 10k

so little update - spoke to Murdoch Troon who someone recommend and they could actually make us a kitchen and fit it if we could stretch a little further to cover appliances (we could probably claw a grand back from the other jobs collectively) but they are booked up until the end of the year and not sure i can deal with a temporary kitchen for 5-6 months

Latest posts

Back