New Handrail/Stair Spindles installed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syntec4

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

During some recent decorating at home, I fitted some new Handrails and spindles to the stairs. New Chair rail following the contour of the stairs and a new trim round the vent in the wall. I didn't make the spindles, they a 'Burbidge' ? Just a few coats of wax to finish them off. I have Satin varnished the Chair rail and doors to help keep them clean from all the little fingers in our house. Took me a while to get the spacings right, especially on the angled part.

The old handrail was those 1" square metal tubes with just 3 pieces of wood screwed to them. Very 70's.

I also fitted some new internal doors. The frames were miles out. Had a right job getting them in. I'm still not happy with them, but I don't want to rip out the frames and start again.

Thanks for looking.

Lee.

Nice work,Lee :D

Never done any handrails/spindles,but have hung a few doors - although I only seem to get them to do in old houses with odd sized doors and out-of-square frames.. :(

Andrew

fantastic, this stuff takes real skill. Well Done.

Nice work Lee. I have done a few handrails spindles and newels and must say I really enjoy doing them. I think it gives you a real sense of acheivement when it is done correctly and really looks the part. Most of the ones I have fitted were to replace the old 70's styles or ones that had been (spit) boxed in. Great job mate. :wink:

Very nice, I like doing these as well.

You mention chair rail, is that a Manchester term ??. The're called dado rails over here and just about everywhere I've been.

=D> =D> =D>
=D> =D> =D>

Latest posts

Back