New from Veritas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the time zone lag.

I only got it today as well, I think it's called being an undervalued customer.

I think it's the way we do email in Britain, it's not as good as the email over in Canadia :D

Well, it might not be as good as Canadidian humour but its all we know.

Edit,I tried some smileys to underline the levity of that remark but hell I hate those things, so they had to go.

wizer":6fxh7ifv said:
I think it's the way we do email in Britain, it's not as good as the email over in Canadia :D

itll be the awful damp problem that only the uk suffers from affecting the computers :D

(they dont have damp in canada on account of all the water being frozen down ;) )

Are there any issues ordering from them, import fees etc? or do I just wait till someone sells them in the UK, I'd like one of those markng guages

Cheers

Jed

depends on what you mean about issues.

It will be shipped at some expense and there will be vat and the parcel forces letter asking you to drop your drawers and pay them for the privilege of having them collect the vat on behalf of the government.

Other then that no issues at all.

I'm not sure if it is worth buying this particular item. I don't have the numbers worked out on the final cost. But i don't think you'll be able to buy it this cheaply in the future as these are introductory prices. Once they are in production and are sold in the Uk the price may be higher but it's hard to say. It depends on how much you like it and want it at the end of the day.

I agree that the marking gauge looks brilliant, I will be waiting as I have to much money coming out then coming in at this point. Have to wait till some of the jobs on the bench are finished... arg

jedmc571":1aetfas4 said:
Are there any issues ordering from them, import fees etc? or do I just wait till someone sells them in the UK, I'd like one of those markng guages

Cheers

Jed

If you only want the gauge it should come below the duty threshold.
It is sent from the US i believe. Ask for shipping by Air Mail

I have ordered a set, it came to a total of $52.64 for air mail shipping, will have to wait to see how much duty/handling fee I have to pay.

DaveL":3bgsephc said:
I have ordered a set, it came to a total of $52.64 for air mail shipping, will have to wait to see how much duty/handling fee I have to pay.

$52.64 with shipping? Or $52.64 for the shipping Dave?

CNC Paul":34dzbnps said:
I think the limit is £37, if it is above that they charge duty. DHL are the worst for shafting people.

I thought it was $19 does any know for certain?

Tom K":132wuxnd said:
$52.64 with shipping
That was the total bill.

The shipping options were:

*Surface Mail 8-12 Weeks $11.50

*Air Mail 2-4 Weeks $13.64

*Xpresspost 8-10 Business Days $52.57

*UPS Express 5-6 Days to Major Centers $25.65

Phew! yeah thats about what I paid last time I ordered some small items.
Good luck with the duty.

Back