New from South Wales

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berncarpenter

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I have just joined your forum and thought I would introduce myself - I am self-employed carpenter/builder with a small garage workshop. I have a real passion for woodworking and the restoration and collection of tools & machinery. My work tends to be kitchen and bathroom renovations with the occasional extension . I am lucky to have some great customers who commission me to make some nice joinery pieces as well. As soon as I have fathomed out how to include photos I will post some of my latest work for you to see - I have been very impressed by the photos of your work and the way you help each other out with problems and queries. I hope to be involved in many of your ongoing topics but may be a while getting what I want to say onto the screen Please be patient with me!!
Many Thanks Bern.

Welcome to the forum Bern, I'm sure you will find lots of support and chit chat here.

Dont worry Hanser not planing on asking any awkward questions on sharpening i am quite happy with my results in that department. One thing i could do with a bit of help with though is picture posting ,is there a minimum amount of posts to do before i can get some photos on ? Cheers Bern

Berncarpenter":286ujif5 said:
Dont worry Hanser not planing on asking any awkward questions on sharpening i am quite happy with my results in that department. One thing i could do with a bit of help with though is picture posting ,is there a minimum amount of posts to do before i can get some photos on ? Cheers Bern

:shock: :shock: You mean you're happy with the way you sharpen things ? You're happy with the method, it's costs in materials and time? Well, I'll have you know, there's at least one person here that thinks you must have got it wrong! :lol:

phil.p":1kwllmas said:
Berncarpenter":1kwllmas said:

:shock: :shock: You mean you're happy with the way you sharpen things ? You're happy with the method, it's costs in materials and time? Well, I'll have you know, there's at least one person here that thinks you must have got it wrong! :lol:

Hi Bern and welcom to the madhouse that is the UKW :) Thats it Phil you just had to mention it, didnt you :)

phil.p":2jj49dfa said:
Berncarpenter":2jj49dfa said:

Hi Phiil.p
Not going to get drawn into a battle on my first day but yes very pleased with all things related to my sharpening thanks.
Cheers Bern.

Taken me a while to get to grips with the photo posting but i think i have cracked it now .So here is some of my work.
One of my many tool boxes.
DSC_0085_zps1cb64a56.jpg

Pitch pine table made from reclaimed chapel pews

DSC_0883_zps51033753.jpg

Hardwood door and frame with leaded glass fanlight

DSC_0665_zps9c86753d.jpg

DSC_0642_zps5ad600eb.jpg

Cupboard to hide a boiler in the bathroom with a pullout door for dirty laundry.

DAB_1068_zps9ba70e51.jpg

DAB_1069_zps3d589338.jpg

DAB_1070_zps22850f73.jpg

DAB_1071_zpsd2bb1029.jpg

Cut roof

DAB_0512_zps04a24d2c.jpg

DAB_0511_zps61201d58.jpg

DAB_0510_zps46e98fd6.jpg

DAB_0507_zpsded74380.jpg

DAB_0506_zps2b941d18.jpg

I think that will do for now Cheers Bern :D

Where in South Wales are you? I'm in Cardiff. Welcome to the forum. Watch out for the crazies

MrYorke":2l765hmn said:
Where in South Wales are you? I'm in Cardiff. Welcome to the forum. Watch out for the crazies

I am about 25 miles west of Cardiff Junction 37 M4 Porthcawl. CRAZIES ?

Cheers Bern

Hi Bern, don't let them worry you with talk of crazies. It may not be quite as reserved as the Haven but it is mostly a decent place to hang out. You will see many familiar names and even more in the older posts some go some pop back some storm off vowing never to return! Please post your workshop photos for those that don't use all of the forums. and Welcome (hammer)

Tom K":tga7rhjm said:
Hi Bern, don't let them worry you with talk of crazies. It may not be quite as reserved as the Haven but it is mostly a decent place to hang out. You will see many familiar names and even more in the older posts some go some pop back some storm off vowing never to return! Please post your workshop photos for those that don't use all of the forums. and Welcome (hammer)

Thanks for the welcome Tom
I am a bit green with forums ,but trying to get to grips with them and stretching my legs a bit. No one has explained to me over at the Haven what has happened in the past ,but i have sort of worked out that a few dummies were thrown.Off to fit a Velux roof light today and will try and get some workshop photos on later tonight.
Cheers Bern :D

Hang on a minute Bern... You're not fooling me,
Cardiff, voted 2nd wettest city in UK, and them pictures with blue sky ? :)

Welcome to the forum, that door looks fantastic!

When they built the barrage in Cardiff bay they also put up a huge partition wall and painted it blue. It's made everyone in Cardiff much happier so we all party on the weekend and eat kebabs in chippy lane :)

Hi Bern,

Welcome to UKW from a fellow Welshman. I am very impressed with your work, you are obviously a talented man. :mrgreen:

Thanks,
Neil

Bern,

welcome.

I have enjoyed your posts over on the other side, look forward to seeing more of your work here.

Back