New Festool...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Findley

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Just had a newsletter from Axminster. In it is a very interesting new tool by Festool. It's a chainsaw much like a circular saw (as in, you use it ith a track) and it has a Irving knife, so ideal for ripping deep timber. It looks great for those thick timbers but I am naturally a little wary of chainsaws.

So what do you think? Amazing new tool or accident waiting to happen? I can't decide but am seriously tempted...

Richard

Richard,

It's an old tool , been around for years under the protool name which is part of tts who also own festool. They decided recently to close protool and a lot of the old protool stuff has been re-branded with festool colours.

There's quite a few new tools coming out I've ordered one of the new systainers they are bringing out with a mini mft top on it. Very useful when you have a stack of them with the mft one on top it works as a mini bench.

500076.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

A lot of these new festools are rebadged protool tools........

There has been lots of talk on the festool owners group about them.

I think the chainsaw thing would be great if you need to cut big roof timbers for oak frames out something like that

Apparently there gonna be showing 11 new festool tools at the dm tool show in october so this may be one of them.. very nice looking too and would saw a lot of time for gang cutting rafters, looks kinda like the mafell one although i doubt its as good.. have a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP-s7tXWGfI so to get off topic but it sorta relative
>

Some of the tools were Festo branded and got moved to Protool after the Holzher buyout, when the holzher range was spread across the 3 Festo brands.
The really big framing tools from Holzher - now Protool were Hema products in direct competetion with Mafell - they use a much beefier rail system
Chippy is the top of that mft t-loc Birch ply or MDF ?
Matt

Back