New DeWalt nail gun

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caroleb

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I have been using the new nail-gun from DeWalt; the one with no gas cylinder, and as far as I can tell it's great!! I have been hammering ('scuse the pun!) it for a few weeks and it is a real piece of work.

Has anyone else here been using one? Are there any known issues? It is a new design etc, so wondered if there was anything I should be looking out for? It is a bit heavy for me, but I still find it easier than a hammer! We also use coil nailers (for fencing) and they are just as heavy, if not more so (with a full compliment of nails). Anyone??

Thanks

Carole

Hi Carole

There is a thread on here from last nov/dec i think on this gun Seems well liked :)

there are several of us on the forum that were given one to test prior to production
I got mine in November and since then I have put through over 40 000 nails mainly 75 and 90mm
It has worked first time everytime , Not yet had a misfire and the battery lasts over a day
My only reservation with it was the belt clip but that has so far stood up to the use

I Still have my Paslode and My Clarke gun but I may yet sell on the Paslode

I have saved over £450 by no longer having to buy the gas
I should add that this was used in roofing( hand cut) and first fix as well as flooring and joisting LOL

Brilliant bit of Kit

I got one too back in October, great tool highly recommend them. Much more reliable than the paslodes.

There was talk of dewalt doing a group buy on this forum and maybe giving a free drill body with the nailgun as a special deal. If I hear anything I will let everyone know.

chippy1970":1kly11be said:
I got one too back in October, great tool highly recommend them. Much more reliable than the paslodes.

There was talk of dewalt doing a group buy on this forum and maybe giving a free drill body with the nailgun as a special deal. If I hear anything I will let everyone know.
Oh great! keep us posted on that please, I will certainly be interested. :wink:

As already said check the posts on here. We were also asked to post comments on "revoo" so worth doing a google. My review of the gun is on there and I've responded to a number of personal questions about it.

I'm impressed enough with mine that I've sold my paslode and gas on ebay. (kept the nails of course). Apart from 1 jam, instantly cleared it hasn't missed a beat.

Bob

I think my paslode may well end up going too. The only thing is I have only one charger (the others got nicked) and a framer, a 15 and a 16 gauge nail gun. I think there is only 2 batts too, so I am kinda stuck with the paslodes unless I sell them all. Does anyone know if there are plans too extend the range to other gauge nail guns? I have tried the DeWalt 16 gauge battery only nailer but think I am a Lithium girl now!!!
I guess I could buy bare tools from DW and use the existing batts, but I reckon I would need more than 2, don't you?

Thanks for your help guys!

Carole

Will you guys let us know if there is a group buy on these please? I have the 16g version and have been very impressed with it. mine came with two batteries and they seem to hold their charge for ages. Got to admit I had always wondered why they hadn't made a model to rival the Passy 350, but now they have. :D

caroleb":2lg6s8jc said:
I think my paslode may well end up going too. The only thing is I have only one charger (the others got nicked) and a framer, a 15 and a 16 gauge nail gun. I think there is only 2 batts too, so I am kinda stuck with the paslodes unless I sell them all. Does anyone know if there are plans too extend the range to other gauge nail guns? I have tried the DeWalt 16 gauge battery only nailer but think I am a Lithium girl now!!!
I guess I could buy bare tools from DW and use the existing batts, but I reckon I would need more than 2, don't you?

Thanks for your help guys!

Carole

I like Dewalt drills and have 3 of them all 14.4vlt, one probably 17 or 18 years old now so I've bought a "bare" 18 volt combi off ebay and share the nailgun batteries with it. It's an excellent drill and the 4 amp batteries last a long time between charges even under demanding site conditions.

New additional batteries are VERY expensive though!

Bob

mailee":3bjenuq6 said:
Will you guys let us know if there is a group buy on these please? I have the 16g version and have been very impressed with it. mine came with two batteries and they seem to hold their charge for ages. Got to admit I had always wondered why they hadn't made a model to rival the Passy 350, but now they have. :D

This is one of the guys I was communicating with. I've just sent him an email saying there is some interest in what kind of deal would be available to forum members.

James Backhurst
Group Trade Marketing Manager
DEWALT POWER TOOLS
210 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 3YD
Tel - 01753 500641
Mob - 07776 227583
http://www.dewalt.co.uk
[email protected]

He's a decent guy so might be worthwhile giving him a bell yourself - you never know 'till you try!

Bob

Here's the reply I received from James

We will be looking to do an offer later in the year via the forums but we are struggling to produce enough at the moment due to such high demand. We want to ensure that we are able to supply any additional demand that comes from the forums and as such are waiting until our stocks reach higher levels.
So it looks as though a deal will materialise at some point

Bob

mailee":3shpthdt said:
Thanks Bob, I am not in a hurry so will wait to see what happens. Thanks.

No problem, was a good thing for me to update James on the performance of the gun since we last communicated.

It looks as though it has exceeded expectations so far for DeWalt though they were absolutely confident from the start that it would take the market by storm. Hope the deal they offer is worth the wait.

cheers

Bob

I trialed one last year and I have to admit, it was a cracking bit of kit. It's the first piece of DeWalt that I've been truly happy with on a day to day basis in years. It's the one DeWalt item I would buy if I could justify the outlay - I rarely use nails for anything.

MMUK":3kgqksdz said:
I trialed one last year and I have to admit, it was a cracking bit of kit. It's the first piece of DeWalt that I've been truly happy with on a day to day basis in years. It's the one DeWalt item I would buy if I could justify the outlay - I rarely use nails for anything.

Exactly how I feel about it.

We never did get any info about a group buy. I was asked what deal we would like and I said out of the options a free drill body might be best. Nothing ever came of it though.

I too have tried to contact DW recently about the nail gun, having sold nearly all the makita stuff we were using and shifted over to DW (the batteries are far superior IMO). This entailed spending a not insignificant 3 or 4 thou. I think we are using 3 different types of DW batts by necessity (the laser takes the old type batts, as does the 15g nail gun, and the jigsaw was a far better offer with a 14v batt set) so it is a bit of a shame we have not been able to get all the batts compatible with each other; I guess it takes time to replace the whole range.
However I have received no response from DW in respect of either the nail gun or the laser (which is defective after being used 3 times). This is a total contrast to the way they behaved to begin with. I wonder if there have been some changes?

Anyway, bottom line is, in spite of the poor response, the power tools have been exemplary. Whereas we were staunch Makita users we are now switching all the handheld tools over to DW. (apart from the Hilti and Festool!).

Nice to see at least one tool manufacturer is bucking the trend and improving their tool range generally.

Caz

bigrich21":3cvk2loc said:
Are people still interested in this? Could Lons contact him again now that it is later in the year? Thanks.

Will send an email tonight.
Last I heard was that they were struggling to meet demand.

My nailgun has been faultless as has the new drill and a big improvement over my older 14.4 vlt tools so I'm very happy with DeWalt.

Bob

Lons":24kgu0li said:
bigrich21":24kgu0li said:
Are people still interested in this? Could Lons contact him again now that it is later in the year? Thanks.

Will send an email tonight.
Last I heard was that they were struggling to meet demand.

Bob

Snap that's what James told me too not heard anything since

Back