New Blood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novocaine

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have been wandering around here for a while without actually joining in the conversation.
thought it was about time I put an end to that, it seems rather rude.
I do not just do scroll sawing but at the moment it is one of the ways I stop at the end of a day so I thought I'd say hello in here. so HELLO.

I have an old Clarke 18" scroll saw (yes I know they aren't the best but it does me), can not complain as it was free because the hold down foot was snapped off, that got fixed before I laid it up and life happened.
dragged it out of the corner of my dads garage earlier this year where it had lived in a bin bag to keep it dry, which has worked nicely.

only got the one example of what I'm doing with it right now, as below. unsanded so the edges aren't perfect, a careful choice of font and style let me get away with that though, must apologies for the image quality as well, it was late.

more to come from me hopefully.

Attachments

• 1926681_1455604768024603_8474937661231585182_n.jpg
    1926681_1455604768024603_8474937661231585182_n.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 936
Hello Novo and welcome to the forum.

It matters not what equipment you have whether it is a simple hand frame or a £1000 fretsaw, what matters is that you get pleasure from your hobby. :)

Hi Novo,
Good work -- you will get a lot of fun from your scrolling and make new friends on the Forum

John

scrimper":1k7pwkk7 said:
It matters not what equipment you have whether it is a simple hand frame or a £1000 fretsaw, what matters is that you get pleasure from your hobby.

Welcome Novo - Your work is testament to Scrimper's sentiment - it's all about you getting enjoyment out of whatever discipline you adopt.

Regards Mick

I couldn't agree more, a statement I make in most of my life, and being a fully paid up member of the engineering world does tend to lend itself nicely to these things.

on top of playing with the scroll saw I am also building a kitchen, renovating a house and working full time, obviously I am a gluten for punishment.

thanks for the warm welcome.

Welcome aboard, Novocaine. I think your 18" Clarke saw must be a C-frame saw, rather than one of the more common parallel arm saws. Can it use pinless blades? I know next to nothing about that saw other than that Axminster and Nutool sold the same model but i don't know if it had the same reputation as the 16" Clarke models. It seems to work OK anyway. :)

morning.
yes it's a C frame and uses pinless blades, which is useful, need to fit and blower tube as that's missing right now, the ends of the arms are looking worn too as I think there maybe a plate missing, so something else to make at some point.
I knew it was a label saw, didn't know axminister had sold it at any time though. thanks. note, it was also sold as a foley.
at the moment I am working my way through a mixed pack of pegas blades to work out what does what, seem to be using more #7 than the others so at least I know which blade to buy.

Back