New bloke from downUnder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Ward

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

As I've just joined this Forum I thought I should introduce myself the best way I know how:~

kintaro%20homage.jpg

Hi there,

welcome to this forum.

Nice box!

Just a warning, if you going to put up a pic then you have to give details! :D

Don't say you were not warned!

So to pre-empt the demands that will be place on you here - do tell.

Size, wood, more pics of course :)

There are some very knowledgeable folks here that gladly share their knowledge.

Welcome again.

This box was inspired by the sculptural work of Master Kintaro Yazawa of Japan. He does some unique box joints and fantastic furniture.

This bandsawn box is made from Australian Red Cedar, one of the best timbers in the world. It is a "push through" four drawer box. Each drawer is locked into position by a key as shown in the second image. Length - 14 cm Depth - 10 cm Height - 28 cm.
TonyWardKintarohomageC.jpg

Tony, thats a nice looking box you have made there.

Hope you are not to close to the bush fires up there, last night in Melb the smell of smoke was realy bad and visability about 150m

Keep up the good work

Hi Tony,
Welcome, great looking box, I suppose we'll have to brace ourselves for some Aussie humour :D :D

Just kidding, I have experienced it first hand when I was in Oz.

Edit:-
Just remembered - One of the rules of this forum is that you're only allowed to mention the Ashes if England are winning :lol: :wink:

Tony,
Welcome to the forum. That is a lovely looking piece-as are the other things on your site. We have had only a few bandsaw boxes here ( I recall one at least!) so it will be great to see some more.

Thank you for the great welcome to this Forum and the compliments.

Are there many bandsawn box makers, members of this Forum? They are great fun to make and allow for lots of creativity!

Tony
Welcome aboard!
Love the box-had a go at one once, so I understand how much work goes into one.
Best regards
Philly :D

Visited your web site, and I compliment you on your crafts.
I could be travelling into the Blue Mountains (if the fires die down) anytime as I am presentlly on holiday in Oz.
0423 611500.

Back