New blade for Shark Pull Saw ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried this in the past and I don’t think the Bahco blades are a direct replacement for Sharks.

I have a couple of roughly similar saws, the 10 5/8” versions with the plastic top edge.
Markings are:
Bahco Prof Cut Pull Saw 10 5/8” 18 Teeth / 19 Points
Shark Pullsaw Fine cut saw 10 5/8 IN 17 PT, when the blade was pulled out the replacement number on that normally hidden part of the blade is the one you quote item no #10-2410

The blade profiles are identical at the handle end but the Bahco uses a threaded fastener in a slightly larger hole and slot. The Bahco blade will clip into the SHARK handle but it isn’t rigid and will jiggle back and forth. I’ll try to post a couple of photos of the different end slots eventually (I’m ill at present and can’t easily get out to the shed)

I'd also be interested if anyone has a source for Shark blades, I have a couple of other Shark saws and I like them.

Jim

I use these blades, and I bought a few from B & Q on sale some time ago.
I use them with the handles from the saw kits originally sold by Woolworths (with rubbish blades).
I often find the handles complete with with rusty blades at car boot sales, so I snap them up.

What about the Irwin Blades, I thought that the Irwin saws were the replacement for shark saws ?

Latest posts

Back