New bandsaw Advice Please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gravystain

Reaction score
My (utterly rubbish) Fox bandsaw has finally died and I'm looking for a replacement.
Rather than heading to Axminster / Rutlands etc, I thought I'd ask you wise sage's advice first...I have heard that a lot of the far eastern importsd that are sold by these guys can leave a bit to be desired.

Uses will be resawing (mostly, but with some normal bandsaw cutting (shapes etc).

I want it to be fairly beefy. The Fox was anaemic and was not very powrfulf for resawing. it is 2HP, however, it was tired when I bought it 2nd hand. Replacing the belt
helped a little but that's about it.

I don't want to fall into the trap of buying an underpowered unit , but I also don't want to spend over £1,000 on a replacment.

When I watch youtube vids of guys resawing, they seem to breeze through hardwoods with a big smile on their face - NOT my experience!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Sadly there is no such thing as a powerful but cheap bandsaw. 2 HP is the very minimum for re-sawing . If you have single phase I would look for a second hand Hammer N4400 which is 4 HP. I paid 2K euros for a new one about 10 years ago and have no regrets. It's a bandsaw for life.

Last edited:
Plenty of machines on the bay worth looking at.
Take this one for example

Screenshot-2022-11-7 Griggio Band Saw 240 Volt Good working condition eBay.png

Back