Need a good quality, Torquey hand drill/driver - recommendat

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NaomiA

Reaction score
I need a good quality small cordless power drill/driver to get into those awkward corners. Can anyone recommend one? Mainly to drill/drive into Oak, Iroko and Teak. Battary life is not a problem as long as it will work hard for 10 minute jobs at a time.

I've got a Metabo PowerMax Li which is 7.2V 2.2Ahr and only weighs 0.73Kg. I think it's now been upgraded to this:
LINK [Axminster]
Very similar spec but now with a light. I bought it as the cheaper option with only a chuck as an accessory. The "Pro" version comes with a right angle drive accessory as well.

I bought it for lighter work (I don't like heavy power tools unless absolutely needed) but have been staggered how useful it is even on bigger stuff. Even coped with a day of fixing anchor screws into stone for battens lining my workshop walls :shock:. 1 hour recharge time as well. I only needed to get decent bits as the supplied ones aren't that wonderful. I would happily buy one again.

Boz

I'll definitely second the Metabo 7.2V drill / driver.
It is quite small so is useful for getting in under floorboards and similar difficult spots.
It is quite light and the battery seems to go on for ever and it is very "torquey" for the size.
It's my 3rd cordless drill / driver but now gets taken out first every time

David

Thanks all, will have a look and let you know which i went for.

you can't go wrong with the Bosch 12V Max Litheon Cordless Drill/Drivers

for the size they are fantastcaly powerfull

and i use it for my work

highly recomended :!:

Back